atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Joeymagnus1 Mitel sx-50 cards not lit - 11/16/18 02:24 PM
Good morning. I'm hoping to get some help here on this forum. My wife runs some hotels here on the coast of North Carolina. Of course we recently had Hurricane Florence pound us. For a few days. And we lost power in the hotel for over a week. Any who. There is a Mitel sx-50 system here and none of the cards are lighting up. 5 line cards and 1 trunk card. The power button is lit up on the left, but that's it. I checked all the fuses using a voltage meter. I unplugged the system first of course. The fuses are good. Anyone have any ideas?
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: Mitel sx-50 cards not lit - 11/17/18 11:16 AM
So I'm guessing the console is not working and you have no dial tone in the rooms? Check the Main Control Card (the one that the other cards plug in to). Does it have a display on the bottom right of the board where the little red display is? What does it say?
Posted By: westerntelephone Re: Mitel sx-50 cards not lit - 12/08/18 01:09 AM
I'm sorry, it says what?
Posted By: Vertech Re: Mitel sx-50 cards not lit - 12/14/18 11:30 PM
Don't know if you figured it out but the software module has a battery in it and if the battery is dead and you lose power you will lose the database.
Could be the issue.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: Mitel sx-50 cards not lit - 12/15/18 12:18 AM
The OP hasn't been on for a month so if the hotel has been without phone service for that long then I must assume it's a non-issue at this point.

But it's good information for the next person researching this issue.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help