atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: subhash55 subhash55 - 09/02/19 08:37 AM
need service tech who fix my SX-50 that have caller ID which is not working after change of phone service in WV anyone
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: subhash55 - 09/02/19 02:54 PM
So nothing changed on the phone system but it's the phone system issue after changing something that isn't on the phone system that stopped it from working? Is that about correct?
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: subhash55 - 09/02/19 03:45 PM
Subhash55...if I am reading your post correctly.

You changed dial tone service providers on you Mitel system at your Motel and now caller id is no longer working?

If you switched from Frontier Communications, AKA "Bluefield Telephone Company" to Comcast (or something variation there of) then you need to contact your new provider and let them know that you:

• Need to add ICLID, or
  • ICLID is not working as ordered.

and that it worked before.

ICLID (Caller ID) is provided by the telephone company not the Mitel system.
Posted By: jsaad Re: subhash55 - 09/04/19 02:30 PM
Caller ID on an Mitel SX-50? I did not know that.
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: subhash55 - 09/04/19 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by jsaad
Caller ID on an Mitel SX-50? I did not know that.
Perhaps that's why it's not working...
Posted By: Daniel Re: subhash55 - 09/04/19 03:59 PM
Where did the caller ID show prior to the changes? Was it on the phone, or was it on a computer screen, or was it on yet another device?
Posted By: Carl Navarro Re: subhash55 - 09/04/19 06:01 PM
Well, since the OP is not around.... I'm guessing that there was a Whozz Calling caller ID box or similar in front of the PBX and it got bypassed on the conversion. I'm only 7 hours away.

Maybe it's time to consider retiring the 50. The savings in trunking charges might actually pay for the new system.

Carl
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help