atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Motel6Guy Mitel SX-50 Call Transfer to External # - 09/27/22 05:47 PM
I own a franchised Motel where sometimes I need to forward customer questions to our 1-800 number. I have a traditional landline phone set-up. My business does have multiple extensions with a Mitel SX-50 PBX. I would like to set-up a phone with call forwarding on one of my extensions - but the phones out there say they are "SIP" and are IP phones - so I don't know if they'll work with my phone system.

Any insight to see if it'll work? Are there any other options that fit my criteria?
Posted By: panda Re: Mitel SX-50 Call Transfer to External # - 12/10/23 05:48 PM
they will not work, no sip or IP phones on a SX-50
I missed this on the first run.

In my wildest dreams, I can see a work-around that involves a Sip supplier and an auto attendant. We have customers that refer outside calls to off-site locations and they do that through the Voip supplier. In essence, it's like a hosted system with the closed end destination being the PBX. It can be ugly because once the call is sent, you won't be able to get it back.

Since you are in Italy, YMMV. (English translation, YKMV)

Carl
Posted By: panda Re: Mitel SX-50 Call Transfer to External # - 12/20/23 08:55 PM
if I am reading this correctly you have a SX-50, if you do you can tandem trunks with that pbx
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help