atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: hitechcomm Yealink vs Polycom - 06/25/15 11:46 PM
Any thoughts?
I've been very happy with the quality of the Yealink product, has a lot of buttons like the old key systems, the new T-29G will be a super product for not a lot of money.

I replaced a CIX00 in my home with T-48G phones and some W-48 or 52 or whatever cordless phones.

A WONDERFUL thing is that I can blacklist anyone AND my carrier and I worked out a new way to drop all calls that do not show Caller ID or less than 10 digits.

If you get spoofing calls, change the local sip address from 5600 to some odd number like 5109 and the hackers will never bother you.
Posted By: walterv Re: Yealink vs Polycom - 08/24/15 07:17 PM
Quality wise, IMHO, both are great. Value wise, I prefer Yealink. On a technical aspect, Yealink takes way less time to come back online after a program change (when a reboot is required)This is a huge time saver on a MAC or install. I only use the Yealink 41P,42G,46G and 48G.
Posted By: spokanetelecom Re: Yealink vs Polycom - 02/24/16 12:26 AM
Yealink. Hands down for me.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Yealink vs Polycom - 02/24/16 08:49 PM
Thanks, I would have thought the other way around.
Posted By: oobie Re: Yealink vs Polycom - 02/25/16 03:21 PM
We have a mix of Yealink and polycom on Star 2 star systems. I prefer the Polycom sound quality over the yealink. But from a price standpoint the yealink is great.

My .2
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Yealink vs Polycom - 07/04/16 08:31 PM
Just did my first install with Yealink phones. Very happy with the phones. Will recommend again.
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Yealink vs Polycom - 07/11/16 06:00 PM
Which phones did you install?
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Yealink vs Polycom - 07/11/16 10:27 PM
T29G
Posted By: ffej010 Re: Yealink vs Polycom - 07/12/16 01:08 AM
We have looked at the T46G and the cordless model, but have not deployed either yet.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: Yealink vs Polycom - 07/13/16 01:07 AM
Have not tried either.
Posted By: nameless Re: Yealink vs Polycom - 09/18/16 12:13 PM
The T46G is a nice phone.
The T48G with it's color touch screen for not much more then the T46G is a nice phone as well.

The T40G isn't bad but i dislike its lack of buttons.
Posted By: walterv Re: Yealink vs Polycom - 01/12/17 02:35 PM
FFE,

As mentioned above, we have used the T series Yealinks for years and have very little product failure (less than 1 percent) and those failures have been out of box failures.

About 2 years ago we started using the Yealink cordless, maybe only 8 or so in the field and to date no customer complaints or failures. Prior to that we were using the Panasonic IP cordless, another great phone. We moved to the Yealink cordless because it has the same user interface as the hardwired phones, this made training easier.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help