atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Hammerdown 124i - DID circuit or T1? - 02/17/04 04:31 PM
Customer has 5 lines in the main hunt group and 3 private numbers. They want the private numbers to go to voice mail when busy, instead of getting a busy signal.

Can I use a DID card with some DID circuits? Or do they need a T1 card and service?

Hammer
Posted By: groundstart Re: 124i - DID circuit or T1? - 02/17/04 04:52 PM
DID
Posted By: Tip&Ring Re: 124i - DID circuit or T1? - 02/17/04 05:04 PM
Unfortunatly using DID won't help you.

The rollover lines are coming from the local telco.

Even if you were to change to DID if all the DID trunks were busy they will still get a busy from telco.

An option is to use telco Voice mail.

The only problem is getting message waiting notification.
Some telco's use stutter dialtone, and others use a form of FSK signaling.

DJ
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: 124i - DID circuit or T1? - 02/17/04 06:57 PM
How about leaving the main hunt numbers on analog CO ports and use a 4 port DID card for the private numbers:

Assuming you call one particular private number several times in a row. The first call is answered by the user, then you could only get 3 more callers through to voice mail? Right? Because that ties up all 4 of the DID ports on the card?

So what happens when a call comes in to one of the other private numbers during the time when all 4 are busy? Busy, right?

Hammer
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: 124i - DID circuit or T1? - 02/21/04 10:05 AM
^^
Posted By: A6 Re: 124i - DID circuit or T1? - 02/23/04 07:08 AM
I don't think the CO can do a forward on DID circuits to the main number in the POTS hunt if all did circuits are being used.

And you are right about 4 inbound did calls. If all 4 circuits are busy, the next caller gets a busy signal. Because the phone system handles the did routing the CO company wouldn't trigger a busy forward on the lines.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help