atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Neicer Monitoring Calls - 03/10/04 07:57 PM
I have recently purchased an older office system. Tie brand with a console and individual phones. Is there any way I can monitor my staff's calls? The console allows me to see when they are on the phone and I can interupt their calls (They can hear me, but I can not hear them).

Thanks
Posted By: Neicer Re: Monitoring Calls - 03/10/04 07:58 PM
Sorry - I forgot to mention the product codes..... Tie / Onyx 88355 (Console) - 88363 (Phones)
Posted By: A6 Re: Monitoring Calls - 03/11/04 05:25 AM
That system does have that capability. The feature is called silent monitor.

This feature relates to a class of service for each extension. This feature by default is turned off.
Posted By: Neicer Re: Monitoring Calls - 03/11/04 11:39 AM
Thank you for your response. Is this something I should contact who I purchased htem from. They showed me how to make all my changes through windows. Is it on there?

Thank you
Posted By: A6 Re: Monitoring Calls - 03/11/04 07:38 PM
If you have someone that sold you the system and they gave you instructions on how to program the system, they should have the knowledge to tell you what to change in programming.

What windows program did they give you? I didn't know they had a windows based program to do programming. I always used hyperterminal.

Programming COS stuff is like programming in binary. Just make sure you know what you're doing.
Posted By: groundstart Re: Monitoring Calls - 03/12/04 02:33 AM
Isnt monitoring phone calls against the law??
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Monitoring Calls - 06/01/04 05:03 PM
procomm plus or hyperterm is probally what he meant. No monitoring is not illegal as long as both parties realize they are being moitored.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help