atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: GlennT dx2na-328 questions - 08/24/04 07:42 AM
Hello,
I came across your humble message board while looking for some manuals. I am the network admin for a small company of 45 employees. The boss has asked me to try and learn how to program new stations and other minor tasks that we are now paying lots of $$$ to have done remotely by a contractor. Please try and control your laughter, I am a good network admin but never messed around with a phone system.

First question I have is identifying what I have, on the label all I can see is Nitsuko Model DX2NA-328SYSTEM. Is this an I series phone system and if so what model?

I found some manuals on the quick-manuals web site but they list model numbers that I cannot find on the outside of the unit. Should I remove the covers and look for more information?

I am not looking to become an expert installer overnite, all I want to do is help the company administrate the phone system, does this sound reasonable for a hardware/software guy like myself or should this really be left to a pro because mistakes could take out the whole system. Your honesty would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: dx2na-328 questions - 08/24/04 08:35 AM
Do a search in the Nitsuko/Tie forum of this website and type in "Dx2na" It will give you several posts about this system. Who you want to talk to is A6 the other moderator for the forum. He may be able to offer you inexpensive telephone support. Where is your physical location?? Fill that out in your profile. Maybe someone is close to where you are. Good Luck
Posted By: A6 Re: dx2na-328 questions - 08/24/04 07:12 PM
What are you looking to do?

My phone number is posted in my profile. Either leave specific questions here or call me.
Posted By: GlennT Re: dx2na-328 questions - 08/25/04 01:47 PM
Looking to do simple administration, specifically configuring the user phone extensions and the voice mail. Before our downsizing two years ago we had over 80 stations on this system. We are down to 45 now but growth is accelerating and I need to remove some of the old user names from the system and configure new ones.

I use the installer/contractor to do any major reconfiguration as well as maintain the contract. The CFO of the company is very budget minded and was trying to avoind paying $40/hr to program a phone extension.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help