atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: nixus97 Modkey Door Chime (60005) - 10/08/04 01:44 PM
I have a quick question, i have programmed many modkey systems, but never have added a door chime box to one - except for now! I have programmed station 02 under program 3 to ring when the door chime box is activated (# 22 11000011) but the door chime box only makes a beep sound when the button is pushed and the CO1 BLF (which only goes off with a cold reset of the system)on station 02 turns on. No ring on the phone or anything else. Also, when i dial station 08 it just gives me that "invalid extention" tone, for lack of batter words. Have I forgot to do something? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Mike
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Modkey Door Chime (60005) - 10/08/04 09:08 PM
Mike:
Maybe some of the other guys will know something about this. I have worked with ModKeys for a long time--but never put that 60005 on one. In fact, I can't remember even seeing one. How do you test the thing to see if it works? The manual sure doesn't have a whole lot on the subject---but on page 5-10 it does say that you "Dial "08" then press the MEM key to speak to the person at the door. Release the MEM key to hear the person talk to you." What I don't quite get is why do you have to go into Program #3---I thought that was just for C.O. line ringing. Isn't this just a station to station (intercom) call? ..or is this what the box is doing --from station 08 to a line port?? Would Program #7 have anything to do with anything?
I'll keep looking around. I'm curious about this whole thing. Good Luck.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Modkey Door Chime (60005) - 10/08/04 09:21 PM
Ok....how 'bout page 2-3 -- under number 8. "A signal will be received over the telephone SPEAKERS at those EXTENSIONS programmed to receive it." Wouldn't that suggest that it's an intercom call? But where do you program that?? I'm on the hunt.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Modkey Door Chime (60005) - 10/08/04 09:33 PM
OK---page 4-5 I see why you go #22 11000011 now. I hope somebody who know something chips in here. This will drive me nuts.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help