atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jims Echo - 11/18/04 06:06 AM
I am using an ONYX VS system with 30 button Nitsuko phones. My pres informed me that people hear him with an echo. Have switched phone and reset system, what other options should I look at?
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Echo - 11/18/04 07:06 AM
jims:

1. Try to replicate problem when you are there by having someone dial out from that phone.
2. Try to determine if it is the phone (port) or a line. Do other phones have the same problem? Is it just one line or ALL the lines.
3. What kind of service do you have coming in? Just regular POTS or do you have a T-1 with a channel bank?
4. Sounds like a syncro problem with the carrier--but do some basic troubleshooting before calling them.
5. Are you sure it isn't a cell phone that is being use at the other end?
Good luck.
Posted By: jims Re: Echo - 11/18/04 12:15 PM
It's a regular POTs incoming and only two phones in a 55 phone system reporting this problem. It is not a cell phone that this is happening on. We have 15 lines but does not appear to be an isolated line. I have reset the system, changed phone sets and reduced speaker volume to no avail.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Echo - 11/18/04 12:35 PM
I would try swapping modules or at the very least, moving the extensions to a different port
Posted By: smddoc Re: Echo - 11/19/04 11:12 AM
sounds like he's using the speaker phone. It'll never have the same voice quality as the hand set. If thats not it change out his phone, then his extension port in the system
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help