atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: gtom NVM-202 hdd - 12/20/04 10:48 AM
The hard disk of our nvm-202 died recently but I have a cloned copy of the disk.

Is it possible to move the Rhetorex card and use the new hd on a new system?
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: NVM-202 hdd - 12/20/04 01:01 PM
that I do not know.
As a matter of fact, I just had a main board die (a capacitor fried) and I am curious what is ingraine in the software. I know the older callegras looked at the processor, the LAN card had to be in slot 4 and it had to be the same LAN card for it to work. The MVX only needed the proper software Key ingrained into the Rhetorex board or the proper dongle. So any insight would be appreciated by me as well.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NVM-202 hdd - 12/20/04 01:21 PM
Good luck. The people an CTL (NVM VM Maker) have that baby damn well protected against that sort of thing. You may have to contact CTL to get another HD.
Posted By: gtom Re: NVM-202 hdd - 12/20/04 02:47 PM
Thanks for the replies. That would explain why it wasn't working using the new hardware.

I guess it's time to upgrade the voice mail.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: NVM-202 hdd - 12/21/04 04:34 PM
I figured as much that why I haven't been too eager to play with mine. sold the customer an Aspire (voicemail their used to and able to keep phones.) Have you ever tried just moving the HD and rhetorex board to a different motherboard?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NVM-202 hdd - 12/21/04 04:47 PM
The motherboard has a chip on it that matches the software in some way. It's some sort of proprietary rom based dos encryption. If you get it to work let us all know because CTL is reasonable about replacing the drive.
Posted By: gtom Re: NVM-202 hdd - 12/22/04 08:01 AM
I have tried moving the rhetorex card and the cloned hd to a different motherboard but doesn't work. It seems to be looking for something and exits after running babyvx.exe.

I also tried working with the old 386sx hardware but we don't have a monochrome monitor to see what's going on after replacing the hd. I am assuming we would have to set the parameters for the new hard drive in the bios.

So it's not possible to back up your existing vm in case of hd failure? thats crazy.

We have tried calling NEC about this but since it's a discontinued product it's hard to get tech support.

You mention CTL, what is their contact info? would they sell directly to the consumer?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NVM-202 hdd - 12/22/04 10:00 AM
I don't have that info handy possibly some of the other Nitsuko-ites do. We have in the past dealt directly with CTL and they have been really great. Try a google...try this too.

https://www.ctlinc.com/component/option,com_contact/task,view/contact_id,2/Itemid,61/

[This message has been edited by Coral Tech (edited December 22, 2004).]
Posted By: gtom Re: NVM-202 hdd - 12/22/04 11:25 AM
Thanks Coral Tech.

I have contacted CTL, but they do not provide support directly unless we are a dealer.

Any chance you can help out?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NVM-202 hdd - 12/22/04 03:32 PM
You in the Chicago area?
Posted By: gtom Re: NVM-202 hdd - 12/23/04 07:53 AM
Coral Tech, we are in Montreal, QC Canada.

I think we will give up trying to fix this voice mail and just get something else for the time being.

It's been too much of a hassle to get any support on this system as the dealers here are more eager to get us to upgrade.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NVM-202 hdd - 12/23/04 01:57 PM
Let me tell you that there is a company that makes the coolest little voicemail for your system. I think it's called Executive Voice. Easy to setup and configure and dirt cheap.
Posted By: Takamine Re: NVM-202 hdd - 04/01/05 11:22 AM
We have a Nitsuko NVM-2002 voice mail system. It's running fine, but recently I've noticed the hard drive starting to run a little loud. I really like to change the hard drive before it crashes, but our vendor told us to fix it we'd have to send the system in to NEC and it would cost around $3,000. All this just to change the hard drive?

I know it's a proprietary system, but all I need to do is get a new hard drive and copy the contents of the old one to the new one. Can this be done?

Thanks
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NVM-202 hdd - 04/01/05 12:31 PM
To be honest I have no idea. I THINK it can be done and I have a hardware drive duplicator that I use on my other systems and they all work. I would bet you could do it but I do not know 100%.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help