atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: special_joel Terminal programing on ONYX VS - 02/09/05 08:30 AM
There are a few things I would like to look at on our system but what program and settings do i need to connect to it. I have tried hyperterminal on my XP laptop with the settings that the manuals tell me but no such luck, im not getting anything coming up. I am using just a straight RS232 cable. Thanks
Joel
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Terminal programing on ONYX VS - 02/09/05 09:30 AM
Joel
I think you need a nul modem cable but try hooking up to the aux card and resetting the system. For some reason that "goes to sleep" per Nitsuko Tech support years ago. Also check the baud rate.
Posted By: Rusty Re: Terminal programing on ONYX VS - 02/09/05 12:30 PM
A straight through cable is what you need. Try connecting with baud rates 300 - 19200 (8-N-1), it could be any of them. If that doesn't work, reset the system and repeat.

I usually connect using Procomm plus but I've used hyperterminal in the past.
Posted By: special_joel Re: Terminal programing on ONYX VS - 02/11/05 05:59 AM
Okay stupid noob question but how do I reset my system. Unplug it andplug it back in? Also I have 2 expansion modules so would I have to do the same to them as well?
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Terminal programing on ONYX VS - 02/11/05 02:26 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by special_joel:
Okay stupid noob question but how do I reset my system. Unplug it andplug it back in? Also I have 2 expansion modules so would I have to do the same to them as well?</font>

OK STOP
Get a tech out there before your not the noob as you put but a unemployeed noob for killing the system. Take notes to what they do and then play.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help