atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: LearningNitsuko strange ghost conference call - 02/23/05 11:53 AM
OK all of a sudden the phones in the office ring and when you answer it says something like "conference call; speaking to 405" We dont use #405. When you answer it you hear "connecting" then u just get a dial tone. I dont believe that this is someone trying to call us, i think its some kind of bug or something. Can anyone tell me what to do about this???

thnx

------------------
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: strange ghost conference call - 02/23/05 12:42 PM
What system do you have?
Posted By: LearningNitsuko Re: strange ghost conference call - 02/23/05 01:03 PM
384i nvm2000

------------------
Nitsuko 384i using NVM2000
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: strange ghost conference call - 02/23/05 02:04 PM
Are you sure it's your system and not someone calling you from a conference bridge on another system?
Posted By: LearningNitsuko Re: strange ghost conference call - 02/23/05 02:08 PM
we only have like 25 people on our phone system and i am sure no one is trying to use the conference call feature. If someone within the office was making all those calls i would definately of heard about it from them in a form of a complaint. When i was in the main office it would happen quite frequently.

------------------
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: strange ghost conference call - 02/23/05 03:21 PM
Did you read my post carefully?
Posted By: LearningNitsuko Re: strange ghost conference call - 02/23/05 03:51 PM
OK i think your asking if maybe someone in another part of my office OR someone from another company is trying to make a conference call to my company;s office. I know for a fact its not coming from someone at our office. As for it coming from another companys office i dont think so because for as long as ive been here ive never heard of anyone working here being on a conference type of call, it doesnt just ring 1 ext. here, it rings a bunhc of different extensions at the same time. When i answer it it says "connecting" then i get a dial tone. MAYBE someone form another company is trying to do a conference call, but why is it not working?, why is it ringing more then 1 ext?, why hasn't that person from the other company called someone here directly to ask why they can't get their conference call working?

------------------
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: strange ghost conference call - 02/23/05 03:57 PM
You know..mistakes are made every day. Just because it has never happened before doesn't really mean that much. I hazzard a guess someone put the wrong number (someone elses system as you don't have this feature) into a conference bridge. Just a guesse.
Posted By: smddoc Re: strange ghost conference call - 02/24/05 12:12 PM
If you answer it on a display phone it should tell you what line position it is. If it's an incoming line I'd say coral tech is right. It's probably a conf. call coming from a conference bridge from an outside service.
Posted By: bullseyecwe Re: strange ghost conference call - 02/28/05 03:19 PM
Scroll through your extension numbering in 0502 and see if one of your extensions is named "405". Also, see if the phones that ring have a call cover key for extension 405.
Maybe extension 405 is a menu option in your voicemail. Something to try.
Posted By: LearningNitsuko Re: strange ghost conference call - 03/03/05 12:06 PM
OK i can now reproduce the "bug". When i call someones extension, i have tried 2 different ones so far, things go as normal then we hang up. 20 sec later the ghost conferance call comes in. It does it every time. So i guess after the call ends the phone system does something to reroute the dead call back to the phones...

Also one thought i had, could unscreened transfer option have anything to do with this?

also this only happens when on night mode.

------------------
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: strange ghost conference call - 03/03/05 12:30 PM
Are you using off net forwarding?
Posted By: LearningNitsuko Re: strange ghost conference call - 03/03/05 12:53 PM
sorry, i am not familiar with what that is...

would that be in the NVN book or the "main" nitsuko book?

------------------
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help