atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: itac james 0906 trunk rrouting (dial 9) - 03/08/05 04:12 PM
In 0906 I reversed the order of line selection from COL 1 first, COL 2 second and so forth, to COL 5 first and then 4, etc. Now single line tels have to dial TWO nines to get ouitside dial tone. I tried to clear the enries, but with no luck.

A "cold start" restored the original selection priority, but single line users still have to dial two 9's.

Additionally, display tel at extension 310 shows "system start..." message continually, while 301 and 306 show normal idle display.

Things are going bad here.
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: 0906 trunk rrouting (dial 9) - 03/08/05 05:17 PM
SDJ:

I hope some of the other installers chip in here and get you pointed in the right direction. Isn't 300 (the first port) the programming port. How is THAT one coming up?
Posted By: itac james Re: 0906 trunk rrouting (dial 9) - 03/08/05 06:55 PM
Thanks for your reply.

Port 1 is 301. It is now coming up OK. I am able to access programming for all the good it is doing me.

It appears that the systrem is not seeing cards in the expansion cabinet ((2) 8DSTU digital stations and (1) 4ATRU analog trunk card).

This is why I so much want to know how to determine software rev. I think my supplier may have sent me the wrong program manual.
Posted By: smddoc Re: 0906 trunk rrouting (dial 9) - 03/09/05 08:02 AM
I think check + hold will give you the s.w version. Thats how you check it on an Aspire. I think its the same on the Iseries.
Posted By: bullseyecwe Re: 0906 trunk rrouting (dial 9) - 03/09/05 05:25 PM
Where are your cards positioned in each cabinet? What is in slot 1 of each?
Posted By: itac james Re: 0906 trunk rrouting (dial 9) - 03/09/05 10:38 PM
Cabinet 1: Slot 1 - MPR
Slot 2 - 8DSTU-S

Cabinet 2: Slot 1 - Interface card
Slot 2 - 8DSTU-S

Ahem, all's well that ends well.
Contacted a fellow phone dawg nearby and I'm
handing off to him. He serviced this actual system and has moved it once or twice.
With one program number, he helped me cure the stations not coming up, and with one more, not in the manual, but contained in release notes to dealers, I cured the "9,9" requirement for single line digital users. Better he spend an hour than I spend another full day fooling around and spinning my wheels and making mistakes. It's the better customer service as I see it.
Thanks to all you phone guys out there who care about our work.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help