atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mattmorgan64 Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 03/25/05 10:04 AM
Hello,

I'd like to pull CID info from my Nitsuko, so that I can feed it to my customer system and have it pull up the customer automatically.

There is a PC hooked to the Nitsuko; however I believe its just for voice mail.

Can anyone give me any tips on this? There are no ports on any of the phones, I can see no ports on either the inside or outside of the pbx...... but CID info does show up on the phones LCD so I know it's lurking somewhere.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Matt
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 03/25/05 10:22 AM
You need to get a serial connection on th etelephone and USE a Tapi interface to do what you want. Goldmine, ACT, outlook act do these things but require the connect.
Posted By: Mattmorgan64 Re: Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 03/25/05 10:47 AM
Thanks!

Now, where can I get the gizmo that goes in the phone, or a phone with the gizmo already in it?

ANyone here got one for sale???!???!?!?!?!
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 03/25/05 11:33 AM
I THINK it's called a DCI module and it requires some programming inthe switch to ork properly if I am not mistaken.
Posted By: Mattmorgan64 Re: Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 03/25/05 12:30 PM
Ah.....

Another question:

There is a PC hooked to the PBX which handles the voice mail.

Part of voice mail is the callers ID.

This is some crappy DOS software written in about 1880, as far as I can tell. Only name I can see is SYSTEM 202, Version 7)

Im hoping that it has an option to output the CID to a com port, or perhaps to disk.

There is an option in the menu called "Called ID tables", which makes me hopefull.

Anywhoo, the whole ball of wax is protected by a password..... given the age of the program, I could probably hack it out of one of it's files.... but the online help says that people usually just stick with the system default, and to see the manual for it.

Any one here have any ideas on what the default may be?

Thanks
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 03/25/05 12:54 PM
You might be surprised but a ton of voicemails today run on DOS platforms. My educated guese is that you are running an NVM 202. To do what you want to do, screem pops you need the DCI and Tapi driver assuming you are using windows.
Posted By: Mattmorgan64 Re: Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 03/25/05 01:01 PM
Yeah, I'm not in the biz...... I'm just a prgrammer who wants to make life easier for some folks here in the office.

I think you are right, I have the NVM 202.

But I cant get into it.

Maybe you can tell me if what I'm trying to do is even feasible. My dealer tells me I have to buy a gizmo for every phone; I was thinking just buy one gizmo for 1 phone and then pump the output from that into SQL server; where it will then be distributed to the appropriate people (dispatchers).

I just gotta think this NVM 2020 knows the caller ID, and by extension, there should be some way for me to retrieve it.

But I can't find the password to NVM; and I can't find a manual to tell me the default PW, which I would take a fair guess at betting it was never changed.

I'd be more than willing to buy a manual; if it has the default PW in it anyway. I need to know how to configure VM anyway.
Posted By: Mattmorgan64 Re: Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 03/25/05 01:14 PM
Well, Just bought all the manuals from this site!

COuld anyone tell me which one of these beasts might have the default PW in it?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 03/25/05 04:06 PM
Well Matt good luck. I can only show you the water I cannot make you drink it. If you turn on the Caller ID function on the NVM it passes ala DTMF and makes it run piss slow and doesn't integrate with screen pop tech. My guese, if the installer was worth a damn, this was turned off so that the NVM, slow as it is, wasn't slower. Good luck though!

[This message has been edited by Coral Tech (edited March 25, 2005).]
Posted By: Mattmorgan64 Re: Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 03/28/05 06:58 AM
Hmmmmmmm

Thanks mate...

But you've thrown out some stuff I don't understand!

What is 'screen pop tech'? Rummaging through the manuals, I learned this morning there is software you can run on your PC that integrates with the system via Ethernet; but we don't have it. Is this what you meant?

Our supplier says the only way to do what I want is to buy some sort of card that goes inside a station; then you plug the station into the PC and use TAPI software to parse the data.

I just don't get it!!!!!

Way back when...... about 1987 or so; I worked for a company that bought a digital phone system. On it was an rs232 port that dumped every incoming and outgoing call out of it. I guess at somepoint somebody must have decided this was an option that would be better charged for or eliminated.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: Mattmorgan64 Re: Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 03/28/05 07:00 AM
Sorry Coral....

I must have been stoned friday... just saw all the posts you made describing what I just asked about.

Thanks!
Posted By: Mattmorgan64 Re: Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 03/28/05 07:36 AM
Oka,

Just got off the phone with the dealer.

He says I have to buy some gizmos; and then pay someone a full day to reprogram the entire PBX.

$1500.

I call BS.

Anyway, I had another thought. I've found a device that hooks to an analog line; then passes the CID info on to an RS232 port.

Anyone see any problem with putting this device in between the telco demarc and the PBX input?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 03/28/05 08:48 AM
Are you trying to do screens pops to the snswering extension or simply caputure caller ID? If the first you really need the DCI modules.
Posted By: Mattmorgan64 Re: Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 03/28/05 10:01 AM
No screen pops.

Just the CID data.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 03/28/05 01:06 PM
Then you need call accounting software...well not need but it helps. NEC makes a new package that is dirt cheap. All you need is one DCI module and you can dump your raw SMDR/CDR to the machine and have it keep that info for you. You could also simply dump raw ascii for you toplay with as well.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 04/05/05 12:16 PM
My $0.02:

First off, Coral is right, Secondly, Installing a DCI module in a phone and setting up SMDR should take about 1 - 2 hours. Have it dump to a laptop using Procomm (or other emulator. then run a script to extract the CID. The device you stick on the trunks are rather spendy and you need one for each set of lines ( 4 or 8 I think the device comes in). TAPI would work well with your address software. Depending on the final application you have several ways to go. A call accounting program might be worth the investment.
Posted By: Mattmorgan64 Re: Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 04/08/05 03:11 PM
Hello,

What I ended up doing was buying 2 modems off ebay, tapping them into the analog lines before they enter the PBX, grabbing the data from the modem when the phone rings and then sending the data off to my DB; where my application finally grabs it.

So now, I got what I wanted for about $35, instead of the $1500 the telecomm folks quoted.

Yay on me.

Now the question. Are there any ports/cards/etc, that will allow an analog call to be placed through the digital switch? IE.... can I make it so the user can click a phone number and have the pbx dial it?

I know, or at least, I strongly suspect, that the $1500 gizmo and some off the shelf software would allow it. Just looking for any other ways around having to spend so much on what is actually a conveinience, (due to the size of our shop) - not a neccesity.

I also suspect the answer is no.

But it was fun asking.

Have a nice weekend, I am off to go get hammered.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 04/08/05 03:20 PM
I am assuming you have alot of time on your hands. Yes, you can get an analog port card so you can have analog ports on the system. Good luck, you know you caouls have easilly gotten an MLX-82 on ebay for less than that and it works better. I mean what are you trying to do or are you simply indulging into trying to make something work for pennies. Is this just for fun at this point?
Posted By: Mattmorgan64 Re: Nitsuko DX2NA-32 - 04/11/05 12:57 PM
"I am assuming you have alot of time on your hands. Yes, you can get an analog port card so you can have analog ports on the system. Good luck, you know you caouls have easilly gotten an MLX-82 on ebay for less than that and it works better. I mean what are you trying to do or are you simply indulging into trying to make something work for pennies. Is this just for fun at this point? "

Coral -

A little of all (Fun, I've plenty of time, and I want to do it the least possible expense).

Basically anytime I call our telecom equipment provider, it's always over $1000 to do anything. So, I'm doing what I have always done with electronic things. Learn as much as I can, then tear in and try not to screw anything up too badly.

So far at my shop, I've wired both the voice and data networks, and when the telecom equip guy saw it, he wasn't too happy. Not because I did a faulty job - quite the contrary.... I took my time and spent the $ for a good patch panel, routed and secured all wires properly, used high grade jacks, etc. He was upset cause I cut him out of what.... putting in 20 phone jacks and 20 Cat 5e circuits.... probably around $7500. (The only reason he saw it was because I had them move and install the PBX.... I wasn't about to mess with that).

What is an MLX 82, I couldn't find one on ebay. Can you post a link? Also, maybe a link for an analog card you mentioned?

Thanks
Matt
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help