atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: eric07 NEC/Nitsuko 124i barge in errors - 05/13/05 09:40 AM
I'm trying to enable "barge in" on an NEC/Nitsuko 124i phone system, but cannot get it to work.

I've verified that there is service code assigned for "Barge in to another extension's call": (0511 item 61 is set to "810")

I've enabled "barge-in initiate" and "barge-in" receive for class of service 1, and verified that the ports are assigned to class of service 1 for day and night mode. (0406 items 65 and 66 are both set to "1")

Every time I try to use the feature, by dialing 810 followed by an extension, I get the fast high-pitched two-tone error. I get the same behavior if I set a "programmable function key" to "Barge In" code 1019.

I tried both enabling and disabling "Barge-in with Transmitter off" in program 0406 item 44, but it did not make a difference.

I also made sure there we values set for "Barge-In, intrusion tone" (program 0108 item 41), but I have not modified them. The current values are "001 1 19 005 36" for unit 1, and "00 000 00" for units 2-8. I can't imagine this would make a difference though.

We are not using the "ACD" feature.

I did not try re-starting the switch after I made the configuration changes, since I've found most class of service changes take effect immediately.

What am I missing?

System: NEC/Nitsuko 124i, software v6.00.15, standard CPU

Thank you
Eric
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: NEC/Nitsuko 124i barge in errors - 05/15/05 07:48 PM
Do you have the programmig manual? Should be able to follow the flowchart. Looks like it's pretty straight foward.
Posted By: eric07 Re: NEC/Nitsuko 124i barge in errors - 06/10/05 03:26 PM
If anyone else has this problem, I figured out the issue. It turns out that the programming I described was correct. The feature won't work until a call has been established for a certain length of time.

I would make a test call, then try the service code from another deskset and get an error tone. If I waited a minute before testing, then it worked just fine.

Unfortuantely we've been left to fly on our own with this system, and NEC has been deliberately unhelpful. It's been an interesting challenge.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: NEC/Nitsuko 124i barge in errors - 06/13/05 01:12 PM
yeah on a few issues I found that an outside call has to be established for about 15 to 20 seconds. This was to help prevent someone just starting a call from being interuppted during the introduction. "hi this is joe shmoe with **BEEP BEEP** would you **BEEP BEEP** to **BEEP BEEP**.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help