atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Timbo Weird DS01 problem - 02/10/06 11:28 AM
Has anyone run into this one....a two cabinet DSO1 with three extensions (all on the 1st Station Module on the 2nd cabinet) that intermittantly just either go "off-hook" by themselves or will make a single "beep" through the speaker?
When watching the system using a terminal and the "H-D" command the extensions in question will show "PG Ring". I've tried system resets and loosening the top screw on the amphenol connector to make sure it's not pulling away at the bottom (run into that a few times wink ).
I don't think it's the station module because it was working fine until we added another station module last week so we could install an NVM voice mail. Could the new module be causing problems with ports on the original module under it? The voice mail is working fine....

Timbo
Posted By: brokeda Re: Weird DS01 problem - 02/10/06 01:52 PM
make sure the ribbon cable is not crimped and plugged in straight. They are hard to see!!
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: Weird DS01 problem - 02/17/06 06:43 AM
Timbo, boy have I had that problem before! Wish I could say I knew how to fix it, we got lucky and Nitsuko finally gave us an Onyx to replace the DS01 with. You may want to check this thread SSPhone had some suggestions for me that may be worth checking into. https://www.sundance-communications.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/7/t/000058.html
Posted By: dwflood Re: Weird DS01 problem - 02/18/06 09:30 AM
We sold a bunch of DS01 way back and only have 1 multi-cab still installed and am working on getting that one replaced soon.

Several of the multi-cab systems eventually failed, basically the thing would go haywire and loose its mind, a cabinet would go out, lost programming, phones resetting, etc.

Sometimes a system reset would cure the problem for awhile. Usually after throwing some hardware at it (station mod, aux, saux, xaux or even the ksu) the bad component would be eventually determined.
Posted By: Timbo Re: Weird DS01 problem - 02/20/06 10:21 AM
Thanks for the help guys...we ended up moving the 3 extensions to ports on the new module and did a "port swap" everything seems to be OK for now.

Timbo
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help