atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: corplsc NVM-202 - 07/14/06 01:50 PM
Never got a response to this - trying again.

We used to have 12 employees; now only 7. In our new space, we have less phone outlets connected. Therefore, the old assigned mailboxes are always lit on everyone's phone display. How do I turn off the light?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Posted By: Toner Re: NVM-202 - 07/15/06 08:42 AM
Are you saying each phone has a button for every mailbox? Strange...

If your system is an i-series you could try this:
Press "SPK"
Dial 851
Press the button in question
Dial 0000
Press "SPK"
Posted By: skip555 Re: NVM-202 - 07/15/06 12:15 PM
probably dss keys lit for phones that no longer exist .

go into progaming and re-assign the key
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: NVM-202 - 07/17/06 11:46 AM
an NVM 202 is a Voicemail, what type of phone system do you have? Usually if you have disconnected extensions, that will NOT light a DSS key.
Posted By: Chris Hunger Re: NVM-202 - 07/17/06 02:33 PM
If you have an Onyx phone system the hot line keys will light up if a set has been unplugged or is in use.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: NVM-202 - 07/18/06 11:58 AM
true, true, that is why I CMA and said usually smile
Posted By: corplsc Re: NVM-202 - 07/19/06 01:36 PM
It is an Onyx phone system. Our new offices where we moved the phone system don't have as many phone outlets, so there isn't even a place to plug in the phones that are showing as "lit". If I delete the extensions on the computer, is that a permanent deletion or can they be added back if I ever need them?

Sorry the language is so non-techie. I'm an admin asst who fell into the phone programming part of the job!
Posted By: skip555 Re: NVM-202 - 07/19/06 01:45 PM
nothing to delete on the computer you just need to change the keys on each ext undefined , you can then redfine them as hotline keys if you need to in the futre /.

I would also go in and delete the mailboxs they arent causing the lights to be on but its never a good idea to have a mailbox that dosnt belong to a extension where messages my be left accidently and never retrived
Posted By: corplsc Re: NVM-202 - 07/19/06 02:20 PM
Thanks for the reply, but I don't know what that first paragraph means. What keys? Example, ext. 315 has no place to even plug it in here, yet on everyone's phone, that shows as lit up (in use/unplugged). Maybe I'm not asking the question corrrectly??? Sorry.

Also, re: paragraph two, are you saying I will be able to add them back if need be down the road?
Posted By: skip555 Re: NVM-202 - 07/19/06 03:06 PM
you have a key/button on a phone that corresponds to ext 315 sisnce the system dosnt see 315 the key is always lit . you need to go to station programing and define that button to be something other than a dss/hotline key for 315.

you need to do this for every extension currently in use . (do it for one then you can copy to all others)

yes you can reasaign them later.

there are two systems involved the onyx phone system and the the nvm voice mail . I would also go into the voicemial and deleate any unsed mailbox's they also can be added back later if the need arises
Posted By: corplsc Re: NVM-202 - 07/20/06 09:45 AM
OK, I FINALLY understand what you're saying, but I don't know how to do it. Is this something I have to do at every phone station? How? I have the password to enter System programming, but don't know what to do once I'm in. If it's not a dss/hotline, what are my other choices? Sorry so many questions. THe only terminal we have is for the voice mail system. Do I need a laptop to connect to the phone system?
Is there a manual for phone programming? I have one for the Voice Mail, but not a tech one for the phones. Again THANK YOU for your help.
Posted By: skip555 Re: NVM-202 - 07/21/06 06:19 AM
program 17 , und = undefined , yes there is a manual for the system check the links at the top of the page click on manuals they can help you out.

you can program the phone system from any phone with the proper acsess level .
Posted By: corplsc Re: NVM-202 - 07/21/06 08:57 AM
I still can't get it to work, so I wil have to either buy the manual or bring in a tech from the outside. I really appreciate your efforts. Thanks again.
Posted By: skip555 Re: NVM-202 - 07/21/06 11:30 AM
you might want to post here under the tech wanted section , mayber someone in S cal might be interested
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help