atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Chris Hunger Onyx IV - 07/17/06 01:52 AM
I purchased 3 x 88484 s/w cartridges because I am trying to expand a customer from 2 cabinets to 3. I tried to expand the customer on Friday and it did not work. In my 3rd cabinet I noticed the following discrepancies: the DTS-HCPU-A has a part # of 88140 and I noticed the DTS-HCPU's in the other 2 cabinets are 88340's. Also my DTS-MEM-A card was not functioning either, I tried the working MEM-A card from cabinet # 2 in the 3rd cabinet and it did not work either. When I plugged in a 88363 set into a port on the 3rd cabinet it just came up with the time.

My question to you could this be the cause of the 88140 ? I could not find any information on the 88140's, I figued that it is just an older CPU.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Hunger
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Onyx IV - 07/21/06 09:02 AM
I am not too familiar with the details of the Onyx IV--but the numbers and the descriptions are certainly different---the 88140 has an "A" and a "B" version. There are probably just minor differences in the two--but I'm not sure.

The 88340 is, for sure, a different CPU--it costs more--and seems like it is a different type of CPU--but I'm not sure what it would be.

Unless someone who has some real knowledge of that system answers---you may have to see what your manuals say about this. It's just been too long since I have had hands on experience with this system--. Good Luck.
Posted By: skip555 Re: Onyx IV - 07/21/06 11:28 AM
I think Nitusko/Nec still offers 900 number tech service on the onyx.

last time I called tech service on the ds2000 I think that was one of the options , it surprised me but I know they do have some old time techs in the tech service dept .
Posted By: Chris Hunger Re: Onyx IV - 07/22/06 08:41 AM
Problem solved, I was told by NEC that there isn't a difference between 88140 & 88340 but obviously there was.

Thanks.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help