atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cctech 6/12 music on hold - 07/18/06 04:16 PM
is there any way to hook up music on hold on the ek-612? i went to a customer and it was connected to the last pair on the 66 block, but i checked the manual and there was no mention of music on hold. however someone had connected it before and the customer said that it was working at one time. thanks
Posted By: metelcom Re: 6/12 music on hold - 07/18/06 05:21 PM
I don't think some 612s have MOH the 25 pair is for 12 phones (12x2=24 pair) and the viol/slt pair is for the power failure phone. Some KSU's had a 1/8" jack on the side for MOH
Posted By: skip555 Re: 6/12 music on hold - 07/18/06 06:41 PM
I recall there was a way to do it , seems like it was a aftermarket device .

or Im thinking maybe it was a schematic sold in the back of telcom gear or the mart .(was the mart evan around then ? )

I sorta remeber installing it once , 15 or so years ago .. I dont remeber the specfics though .
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: 6/12 music on hold - 07/18/06 07:21 PM
Like Merritt sez--the violet/slate pair is a PF phone. All of the others on the 66 block are for the 12 phones (2pr each). Besides the 25pr amphenol, the six mod ports for the C.O.s, the six screw terminals for loud bells and a phone alarm--there are no other terminals present on the KSU that I know of.

Back in the early 90's when we had a customer that wanted MOH, we "upgraded" him to the ModKey 16.

If there is an aftermarket gizmo, or a way to solder something on to the backplane---I'm sure a ModKey 16 would be less trouble---but I may be wrong. Good Luck.
Posted By: metelcom Re: 6/12 music on hold - 07/18/06 07:52 PM
The Northcom 1A3 is the same system and it has a MOH jack under the CO ports there were other versions with MOH also.
Posted By: cctech Re: 6/12 music on hold - 07/18/06 08:57 PM
thanks guys for all the feedback. there is no moh port, the violet/slate pair was being used. i did not look inside the ksu. there might be something soldered on the backplane. again thanks for the feed back.
Posted By: skip555 Re: 6/12 music on hold - 07/19/06 04:07 AM
as I think about it it was a schamatic that was advertised in telecom gear for arond 15.00

i agree with the mod16 should be able to pick one up cheap

I have several laying around
Posted By: Lightning horse Re: 6/12 music on hold - 08/19/06 08:04 AM
The TIE 612 had no MOH. The Premier 1A3 (North Supply Product) did. There were a couple of minor differences in the program, don't recall what they are now, that was 20(!) years ago. Other than that, they were totally interchangeable. I think even the mounting holes were the same. And you could put MOH in a TIE 612. As I recall it had something to do with 100 ohm resistors and a wire pair to each c.o. line relay. And those on hold could yell over the MOH and carry on a conversation. Man, the short-term is totally inop, but the long-term works like a champ!
John C.

ARE WE HAVING FUN YET?
Posted By: brokeda Re: 6/12 music on hold - 09/19/11 08:11 PM
I sold the plans in the 80's for $95.00 in the Gear and Mart. Paid for a bass boat.

Have since lost it but it's real easy to do in the shop. Their are some 100 ohm resisters in line with the CO circuits, easy to see when you look, on some boards the one by line 6 was labeled MOH. Just put a call on hold Line 1 and play with it. When you find out where it goes the rest are looped. There is no cross over, always worked fine for us. You can install a plug in the KSU or steal the VS.

Did this for Merlin 206/410/820 also. MOH, Paging
and Nite ring were just wire wrapping pins on the back plane. Nothing in those $400.00 boxes.

Same with that modular SW Bell system, topped at 616. Had a MOH cartg.
Posted By: brokeda Re: 6/12 music on hold - 09/19/11 08:14 PM
Sorry did not see the date, my bad!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help