atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jonathan Houle Which timer setting ? - 08/28/06 10:44 AM
Hi guys,

I'm new on this board, and mostly new to this king of system. However, I already configured a lot of features following the administrator guide. We have a Onyx VS system.

Here is my question :
When people are calling and dialing the extension, if the person at this extention is busy, the voice mail goes on.

My problem is that before the voice mail goes on, there is a ~7 sec delay with music. So at each call that go on a voicemail, my customers are waiting a useless 7 sec earing music before my voicemail start. Now I know that there is a couple of timers that I can set... but I don't know which one ?

Camp-on timer ?
Hold recall timer ?
Line Response timer ?
Other ?

Any hints ?
Posted By: Jonathan Houle Re: Which timer setting ? - 08/30/06 12:23 PM
I have more info.

I think that the time required for the 3-4 rings is about 7 seconds. This is before my voice mail start. When it's ringing at my phone, the caller hear music.

What I think it's that maybe even if I'm on the phone, the system try to call me 3-4 rings. Of course I don't hear these rings... but the caller hear music the same amount of time if I'm already on the line or not.

Does it help you experts ? ;-)
Posted By: tmorin Re: Which timer setting ? - 09/07/06 07:52 PM
Is it a NVM voicemail of some kind? If it is and you are able to connect and program it you may want to change dial action 3 from UTRF 3XX to TRF 3XX. That is of course if your extention are in the '3' series. 300,301,302 ... etc
Posted By: Jonathan Houle Re: Which timer setting ? - 09/11/06 12:03 PM
Hi tmorin,

Thanks a lot for replying !

I've search trough my system and I can't see anywhere where I can change this setting.

My voicemail system is setup on a Win95 computer. The software that is used to configure the voicemail is called "Volubile".

The UTRF or TRF setting is suppose to be in the ONYX VS system or in my voicemail software ?

thx
Posted By: tmorin Re: Which timer setting ? - 09/12/06 10:00 PM
I am unfamiliar with the Volubile software. I tried googling it but was couldn't find out what it is. All of our Onyx systems with voicemail use a sort of NVM voicemail. We then communicate with the voicemail either with a laptop connected to the com port or some systems you may plug a keyboard and monitor into the computer for online editing. Anyhow, the dial action table modification is done in the voicemail side of things. Utrf means unsupervised transfer Trf is monitered - meaning the voicemail will hopefully detect that the phone is busy and bounce it back to the voicemail faster. Also, I'm not 100 percent sure that that will help - Just trying to help provoke some debate smile
Posted By: Jonathan Houle Re: Which timer setting ? - 10/10/06 11:15 AM
Ok thanks for your hints (and trying to start a debate wink ), I will try to find these kinds of settings...

Does anyone else have some hints ?
Posted By: mathrap Re: Which timer setting ? - 10/12/06 06:10 PM
Ok. Volubile is discontinued VM and very basic solution. If my mind and telecom life ,this funky package is made for Incotel (now Incotel Networks),so just place a service call !!!!
Goodluck.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help