atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Life Admin Nitsuko 124i phone - 11/18/11 04:26 PM
I'm attempting to program the function keys for the Nitsuko 124i. I managed to program my function keys with the correct extension & name but the name I entered does not show up on the display when I dial the extension. Help!
Posted By: RonP Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 11/18/11 05:40 PM
Let me try to understand this. If function key #1 is programmed as a hotline key to x301, does it ring 301 when you press it? If not, where does it ring?
Posted By: Life Admin Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 11/19/11 06:47 AM
The function keys are set up to ring at each extension. This works fine, but the name on the display is wrong. I reprogrammed & put the correct name in, but when I punch the function key, the old name still comes up.
Posted By: RonP Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 11/19/11 06:57 AM
After programming the name change on the extension, does that extension display the proper name? What method did you use to program the change? Was it through system admin programming or by dialing the service code 800 at that phone then programming?
Posted By: Life Admin Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 11/19/11 09:24 AM
I programmed using the System Administrator. Yes, the correct name was displayed at that time. It's when I punch the correct extension (after programming is done) that I get an incorrect name. Please give the instructions for programming using service code 800.
Posted By: RonP Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 11/19/11 10:27 AM
Press idle Call key at the phone you wish to program,Dial 800, then use one touch keys to program name as per manual. When done, press Hold, then speaker to hang up.
Having said that, there may be some weirdness going on. Try clearing the name existing name first before entering the new one.
Also, one last thought. Did you originally program the name through a laptop or through the phone? Better to do it through the phone.
Posted By: Life Admin Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 11/21/11 06:16 AM
When I press Call 1, then 800 I get 'Enter Name ICM Dial' in upper left hand corner. No options for anything else. When I enter the 3-digit ext the incorrect name comes up. I press 'check' (enter name) but I am only allowed numbers Not letters. I am trying to program through the phone. I have cleared the extension & reentered & the old name still continues to come up on my display.
Posted By: Life Admin Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 11/21/11 08:00 AM
Finally found the andswer...Call 1 + 800 + ext # + name. Using the DSS keys, I entered the name, pressing Check after each letter. When done I pressed HOLD, SPK. Now all my extensions have the correct names. Thanks for your help.
Posted By: RonP Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 11/21/11 08:01 AM
Sweet
Posted By: nisar6 Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 02/05/14 09:46 PM
how can i enable caller id on nitsuko 124i phone system
Posted By: nisar6 Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 02/05/14 09:48 PM
please help!!
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 02/05/14 11:05 PM
Short answer, upgrade to a newer system.

You would need caller ID cards, which don't always work well. (This was a major fault in an otherwise great system)

So I am curious, you hi-jacked a thread, and when you didn't get a response back in 2 minutes you posted again?
Posted By: nisar6 Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 02/06/14 05:13 AM
my caller id card is good. it use to work fine until power went out

please advise
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 02/07/14 12:13 AM
How do you know your caller ID card is good? Do you have another system to test it in? How do you know if it was damaged or not during your power fail issue?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 02/07/14 03:43 PM
Programs,0401,0406 and 1005 for COS, if they are set right then your card may be bad. If your not familiar with programming this switch I suggest you call in a tech and save yourself the headache.I would think the programming is set already if it worked before the power issue or you would have noticed other problems with the switch.

PS. You should have started another thread for this.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 02/07/14 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by BillFlippen
caller ID cards, which don't always work well. (This was a major fault in an otherwise great system)
Posted By: dtmf Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 02/07/14 06:00 PM
I agree Bill,they did have a tendency to fail,,,,a lot
Posted By: Dano3131 Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 02/14/14 02:08 AM
I hope an expert can please help point me in the right direction? I was just given (6) DX2NA-12CTXH TEL (BK) UNITS WITH A BASIC NEC DX2NA SYSTEM.It has the cpu card and I believe an 8 extension card
in the box (NO) caller id or voice mail just 4 pots lines in and 8 extensions. Now I can't seem to find what I believe is the right programming manual for the phones or the unit? All I really would like to do is change all the names on the extensions and set current time on the system. To my understanding there is no programming card attached and I do not have the device that looks like a phone with out a handset. Can I change all the names on the extensions just from a single phone at extension 301? Thanks
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 02/14/14 05:20 PM
@ Dano3131 A new topic should be in order or resurrect a topic that pertains specifically to your question.

ManualS: I popped in NEC DX2NA Manual in google. I got THIS , which happens to be on this BB! Where I responded with: THIS

Keep in mind the manual you want is a 1500 page beast. But most of your answers are in there.

Yes you can program names via a phone. As a matter of fact, you can do all programming via any display phone.
There is a LAPB card that sits on the processor and that allow for computer based programming, but since you don't have one, get used to a telephone's keypad. I used to program most small systems by hand with out a computer, so although it sounds daunting it can be done.
Posted By: RonP Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 02/14/14 06:53 PM
Good thing about the old manuals was they had flow charts to guide you through the process. As long as you know what feature you are trying to program, you should be good. That's how a dummy like me learned.
Posted By: Dano3131 Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 02/18/14 03:40 AM
Thanks guys:) I went to the link downloaded every manual and quick cards. I found one manual that seemed to tell me how to set the time and date. As for the name editing i'm a bit still in the dark for now I think it's some of the terminallagy I think? I couldn't find anything as straight forward as the time and date instructions are.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: Nitsuko 124i phone - 02/18/14 09:37 PM
for the end user name:
press speaker
dial 800
then use the one touch keys to enter in the name (not the keypad) use the check key to enter
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help