atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: stphnfarris 384i hotel/motel pms integration - 05/01/12 11:02 AM
We upgraded the pms interface on a 384i to a Comtrol unit yesterday and have not been able to establish a connection as of yet. Tha tech for Agilsys thinks it's a ack/nack problem. I didn't install this property and left all settings the same. My cable tester is all green but I never get a red lamp on my 3dci. Any ideas?
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: 384i hotel/motel pms integration - 05/01/12 05:23 PM
First question, did anything change on the 384i or was this only an upgrade on the PMS system?
Posted By: stphnfarris Re: 384i hotel/motel pms integration - 05/01/12 10:20 PM
nothing on 384i was changed. pms tech says they get no response from the pbx . Is there
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: 384i hotel/motel pms integration - 05/02/12 07:50 AM
So just to get this right, the system was working before the upgrade? If so everything points to the new equipment as the issue. That being said I would go back to serial cables 101 and make sure it is pinned out correctly. Generally I like to keep a real serial cable and null modem adapter handy..not just using pins 2&3 with the ground.
Posted By: stphnfarris Re: 384i hotel/motel pms integration - 05/03/12 11:52 AM
we finally established communication with the Comtrol device but they don't seem to know how to talk to the 384i. Is there a chart or manual of the protocol expected by the 384i? Thanks.
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: 384i hotel/motel pms integration - 05/03/12 12:33 PM
What was the older equipment using?
Posted By: stphnfarris Re: 384i hotel/motel pms integration - 05/03/12 12:40 PM
It was also a Comtrol device callet thinnet that had rj45 ports. Agilsys ( the new pms support people ) has no knowledge of this eqpt. Also; before the cutover the 3dci port would only light up if the 2 systems were communicating. now it's always on-which is right?
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: 384i hotel/motel pms integration - 05/07/12 10:12 AM
I would verify true serial communication. Stick a laptop to it using procomm (or terminal emulator of choice) find the settings that work, then make sure they are the the same in the new PMS. Also verify that the 8P8C to DBsub translation is correct.
Posted By: stphnfarris Re: 384i hotel/motel pms integration - 05/08/12 01:24 PM
we're going to test again tomorrow. NEC techs couldn't find a 384i emulation program- thats what I want to pass along to the pms people( Agilsys)-anybody got a copy or know of someone that does? thanks.
Posted By: BillFlippen Re: 384i hotel/motel pms integration - 05/14/12 09:02 AM
there is no 384i emulation program that I know of.
There is a DOS based programming program.
There are also terminal emulators (Putty, Hyperter, Procomm to name a few).
They will capture what the phone sys is sending
Posted By: Coral Tech Re: 384i hotel/motel pms integration - 05/17/12 04:53 PM
Seems weird to me that the PMS people you have don't own a serial tap considering their job requires you to pretty much have one.
Posted By: SilvainM Re: 384i hotel/motel pms integration - 02/05/13 12:25 AM
Hello all,

I have a similar question, but still slightly different smile.
We have a 384i that connects via serial perfectly.
The minute i'm placing a digibox (etherlite 160) in between, we seem to not communicate. When the digi is connected to a laptop, we are able to communicate via Putty.
Any ideas? are there any specific settings in the digibox that we would need to consider?

Thanks!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help