atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pfonman 124i "system startup" - 03/24/15 06:45 PM
124i some phones are saying system startup, so I changed 1 station circuit board, thought sure that was the problem but it still does same thing. I switch cards to another port does same thing in either port. wondering if there's some programming I have to do when I change a card or what the hey. someone help I'm on the job right now.
Posted By: skip555 Re: 124i "system startup" - 03/24/15 07:04 PM
have you swapped the phones out with known working ?

tried phones at the MDF ?
Posted By: pfonman Re: 124i "system startup" - 03/24/15 07:55 PM
yeah the phones okay but when I switch cards it seems like the port is bad if that's what you call it or the slot.
Posted By: pfonman Re: 124i "system startup" - 03/24/15 08:40 PM
Got a 8 DSTU in slot 1, 4ASTU in slot 2, and
A 8DSTU IN SLOT 3
Posted By: pfonman Re: 124i "system startup" - 03/24/15 08:43 PM
Could a sslOt be bad as well as a card?
Posted By: RonP Re: 124i "system startup" - 03/26/15 12:21 AM
In program 0005, is the port identified as a digital port?
Posted By: pfonman Re: 124i "system startup" - 03/26/15 02:34 PM
Thanks Ron, I will check that when I get back there. That could very well be my problem.
Posted By: pfonman Re: 124i "system startup" - 03/31/15 04:56 PM
the continuing saga!!
1. How do you erase a one touch key,& turn it into a function key?
2. RON, IN YOUR PREVIOUS REPLY, PGM 0005 ASKING FOR STA. PORT. IS THAT THE SLOT THAT THE SDTSU CARD PLUGS INTO?
Posted By: RonP Re: 124i "system startup" - 03/31/15 06:06 PM
First off, a one touch key cannot be converted to a function key. Second, program 0005 refers to the type of port on the 124i. One is for digital, 3 I believe is analog, etc.. Now years ago when I worked on these things regularly, occasionally I would have the same issue you have where a phone comes up in system start up mode. It would be because the 124i did not recognize the card/ports attached to it. This would happen after adding a new station card. First thing I would try would be to run program 0004 ( if I remember correctly) on a phone. This will automatically set all the ports on the 124i to their correct setting. This will not screw up any existing phone/ports, but it may fix your problem.
You never mentioned the port or ports you,we're having a problem with. Which slot are the digital cards located in? Only the first 3 slots above the cpu board can be used for digital cards.
I realize I threw a lot at you, but these are things you have to look at. The 124i was a great system back in the day, but could be a PITA to work on if you don't know all the ins and outs.
Posted By: pfonman Re: 124i "system startup" - 04/02/15 12:09 AM
Ron I think you have hit the nail on the head. I am in slot 3 of the switch, & you have really shed some light on the subject. If this all works out we should be done. Actually I should say WHEN! this all works out, more positive statement. I can see where this probably was a really good system in its day. I will get back to you when we are done tomorrow.(Thurs)
Posted By: pfonman Re: 124i "system startup" - 04/10/15 08:12 PM
You saved the day Ron, I did the old 004 program and everything came up beautiful, then I found the instructions in the manual pages that I had downloaded and I was able to read program the all call page button that they have all always used. Yeah the three slots were 1, 2 and three slot 3 is where the problem was where I change the circuit board. So everything is good now and want to thank you for your help. Have a good day
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help