atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TSPlusOne Dialtone on T-1 - 04/02/01 09:22 AM
I have a customer with an MICS (R4.0) & we recently installed a T-1 in the system. All works well, except we cannot figure how to give them dialtone when they go off-hook. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Posted By: DrPbx Re: Dialtone on T-1 - 04/02/01 04:44 PM
Can you dial 9 to get an outside line? , or are just looking for off-hook preference directly to a trunk group.
Posted By: TSPlusOne Re: Dialtone on T-1 - 04/02/01 07:32 PM
I have the 24-channels of the T1 setup in Line Pool A, and the phones programmed for Pool A as their Prime Line. When they go off-hook, they get an available line from the T1, but no dialtone -- just dead air. The calls do still go through.

AT&T (their carrier) says they can change from Wink-Start to Tone-Start, but the MICS does not have that option. I was wondering if maybe it was something with AT&T's switch, or maybe I missed something in the admin programming. (FYI: The T1 & MICS are set for B8ZS & ESF.) What else am I missing???
Posted By: openwire Re: Dialtone on T-1 - 04/02/01 08:34 PM
If your T1 is plugged directly into the Norstar,you will not get dial tone.You will have to use an external CSU with a breakout to convert to analog for dial tone.I have 3 Norstars like that now.
Bruce
Posted By: cyberphoneguy Re: Dialtone on T-1 - 04/02/01 08:40 PM
I think AT&T can set each channel to return dial tone. or maybe you can program ARS. and use ars dial tone?
Posted By: rustynails Re: Dialtone on T-1 - 04/11/01 05:08 PM
make sure you have att set the t1 for two-way e&m. like wise program the ics for those changes
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help