atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ezeppa Caller ID - 07/13/01 03:06 PM
I just replaced my 5b40 4 port co line cards, with 5b41 4 port co line cards.

The cards were installed to be able to do caller ID. The phone Co in Washington DC has indicated that the caller ID feature will not work on a multi line hunt configuration.

Is this true. Did I just waste my money on e cards?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Eric
Posted By: txfoneman Re: Caller ID - 07/14/01 12:47 PM
is the phone company saying they cannot provide the caller id, because it's a hunt group?
Posted By: dtmf Re: Caller ID - 07/14/01 06:33 PM
They should be able to give your lines caller ID weather in a hunt group or not as they are all seperate lines with their own number. Whats their problem.
dtmf
Posted By: openwire Re: Caller ID - 07/14/01 09:36 PM
Have you set up call logs for your sets?
Posted By: ezeppa Re: Caller ID - 07/16/01 01:23 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dtmf:
They should be able to give your lines caller ID weather in a hunt group or not as they are all seperate lines with their own number. Whats their problem.
dtmf
</font>

I only get caller ID information on my first line. I moved the line 1 pair to CO port 2 on the switch and caller ID then worked on line 2. So it looks like my equipment is good. When I aked the phone company about it, thier reply was that they could not serve caller id information to my phone lines, because they are in a multi line hunt situation.

I thought ths was kind of odd, as there would be allot of people with my problem.

Is the phone company statment true.

Thansk

Eric
Posted By: dtmf Re: Caller ID - 07/16/01 03:33 PM
I've got many customers with caller ID on all their lines and they are in hunt groups. If the people you are using can't provide it then it might be time to look for a new provider. That's about all I can tell ya.
dtmf
Posted By: martin Re: Caller ID - 07/17/01 09:03 AM
i also have multi cust w/ callerid on hunt groups one on multi hunt grps. you probabley are not talking to the right person. try asking for a supervisor or a switch technician supervisor
martin
Posted By: ezeppa Re: Caller ID - 07/18/01 09:50 AM
Thanks for all the feeback.

I will continue to hammer the phone company (Verison).

If you don'tmind, could each of you indicate which city and state you are in / where you have the multi line hunt caller id working.

Eric
Posted By: ezeppa Re: Caller ID - 07/18/01 10:44 AM
FYI

Here is what Verison had to say in one of the email regarding my caller ID request.

"Type of Activity: Additional
Information Request:
Information Request Comments:
Type of Service: CALLING PLANS-Caller ID

Number of Lines/Ckts: 7 and 20

Due Date: 07-10-01

Assigned to: DANIELLE A. WOODS/EMPL/MD/Bell-Atl

Reach Number: 410 393-7848

Assigned To eMail Address: [email protected]

Order Comments: Hi Eric, In a previuos email when you orginally
requested Caller ID, Geanna explained that due to the lines being in a roll over sequence(multiline hunt group) that Caller ID would not work properly. I have gone ahead and placed the order to add this feature to the lines you requested, but please be advised that Geanna was correct in advising that this feature will not work properly. I aslo placed a seperate order to add the refferal of calls to the DID station numbers that were disconnected.
If you have a questions please feel free to call or email me
Thanks and have a great day"

Eric
Posted By: txfoneman Re: Caller ID - 07/18/01 11:59 PM
we don't have any problems in houston metro area, we have swbell, sprint, & gte .... they all can provide caller id on multiple lines in a hunt group.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Caller ID - 07/19/01 03:55 PM
We don't have any problems in Utah either. Qwest,Nexlink,Sprint,AT&T,and a few others.
dtmf
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Caller ID - 07/19/01 05:03 PM
>We don't have any problems in Utah either.<

Well we do but not with the Phone Company.
[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: JWRacedog Re: Caller ID - 07/20/01 10:52 AM
Does Danielle, the representative from Verizon possibly mean that it "won't work properly" because when OUTGOING calls are placed from the hunt group....the person called sees THAT line number in their display rather than the MAIN number. I just don't see what the problem is.....no problem with THAT situation in Ameritech in northern illinois....but a lot of other things going on here for sure that are very frustrating.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help