atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ezeppa Caller ID - 09/26/01 04:20 PM
I have a Norther Modular ICS

I am looking to get caller ID to work on some phones that do not normaly ring.
The user would do a "pick up" to answer the line. I tried to do a feature 811 prior, but it did not work (I assume it needs to ring first). Any thoughts?

Also
With the phone system in night service.
An outside caller who call in gets the auto attendant. The outside caller then dials the users extention. The users then dials feature 811 but they do not see the call ID information. Any thoughts?

Thansk

Eric
Posted By: openwire Re: Caller ID - 09/26/01 05:47 PM
For caller ID services to be displayed the external line must be programmed to "appear and ring" or "ring only" on the set.
Caller ID will be displayed if an extension is answered by AA and then routed to set by custom call routing.(ccr tree)

[This message has been edited by openwire (edited 09-26-2001).]
Posted By: joe3 Re: Caller ID - 10/12/01 03:02 PM
How do you program the handsets to get the Caller ID, I tried what the manual says but I get a message that says " no lines assigned" I thought I was supposed to get a choice of name, number, or line?
Posted By: openwire Re: Caller ID - 10/12/01 04:09 PM
If there are no lines programmed to ring on the set,you will not get caller id info.You might want to check with your local telco and see if they have actually done the translations on your lines for caller id.
What type of lines do you have?
At what point do you get the 'no lines assigned' prompt.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help