atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ezeppa RAD password - 06/11/02 06:40 AM
I am trying to figure out the password to my RAD. I have an 8x24 system. I tried Feature 9**, but all that does is blank out the LCD for a second. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Eric
Posted By: JJ Re: RAD password - 06/11/02 06:57 AM
goto this site it as all the documentation on how to install, settup and use the RAD.https://www25.nortelnetworks.com/software/nru_2001/protected.html
Posted By: Z-man Re: RAD password - 06/11/02 09:21 AM
are you getting an inactive feature when you dial F * * ?
Posted By: ezeppa Re: RAD password - 06/12/02 12:21 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Z-man:
are you getting an inactive feature when you dial F * * ?</font>

It does not say "inactive", but with the way it blanks out the LCD, I guess I would call it an "invalid". Is F** the corect feature to didplay the current RAD password?

Eric
Posted By: Z-man Re: RAD password - 06/12/02 09:55 PM
Sorry, a typo. Feature 9 ** will get access to the RAD if the system is seeing it. If it sees the RAD okay, it will ask you to enter the password. If you don't know the password, you cannot proceed without resetting the RAD. to reset the RAD, you will need to take it apart and short the battery. this will default it. then install it back on the system. to see if the system is seeing the RAD, go to port/dn maint. and check the port the RAD is connected to. It should say RAD for the type of equipment connected. If not, you may have a bad RAD. I have never put a RAD on an 8x24, but I don't believe that is a issue.
Posted By: ezeppa Re: RAD password - 06/18/02 02:14 PM
I just verfied the RJ11 cable by installing a phone on it. I tried 2 other RAD's. All 3 had the same results (when I enter in F9**, it blanks out the LCD, then returns to date and time). If I unplug the RAD, I do get "invalind Feature", so I think the 8x24Ds is seeing the RAD. The 3 RAD's I tried are the type with a 9 pin serial connector and a 5pin din power jack. Is that a newer RAD. I have an "older" RAD that is a DB25 and RJ 11 power to the bottom of the RAD. I do not have a 24 v PS handy to install the "older" RAD.

Eric
Posted By: Z-man Re: RAD password - 06/18/02 10:11 PM
Send me your email address. I will send you a Norstar compatability chart that will tell you what equipment will work on what systems. It will take me a day or so to track it down, but I think it lists RAD compats.
Posted By: riaa32 Re: RAD password - 07/29/02 07:50 PM
The correct way to set you RAD up is as follows:

Set RAD password
1- Feature 9** RADMIN
2- A screen will come up and says something like
SYSTEM ALARM DATA or something like that
3- hit the left softkey follow the menu and enter the RAD password I use 1234
4- Use the password "1234" as the RAD password on you NORSTAR MANAGER or ICS Tools
and connect using Direct 9600

The 8x24 has very limited functions, The software I have will not let me backup/restore the system
I have had some I could browse and change.
I'm not sure what the current version is.
Let me know if this helps.
Posted By: JJ Re: RAD password - 07/30/02 06:39 AM
Directions on haw to reset RAD settings to default.Good Luck!!

How to Debug a RAD:
Use a M7310
change date to April 15, 1999
F9**
hit left display key 5 times
hit center display key 6 times
hit right display key 8 times
press HOLD
press digit 2
press digit 1
press release/RAD now at
reset date