atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: rustynails replacing ics cabinet - 03/17/04 08:04 AM
If i switch cabinets only and place the same cards, rom module w/ the software, and place the fiber card back into the same slots, all the programming should hold, Correct?

~nails
Posted By: bcousins Re: replacing ics cabinet - 03/17/04 08:10 AM
Not necessarily. If you have ISDN Pri, the software key codes will not follow because they are installed with the SN of the system. You have to call Nortel and have them change something to allow the Key Codes to be used in a different KSU.
Posted By: rustynails Re: replacing ics cabinet - 03/17/04 08:13 AM
well, i have no key codes installed. I am only doing this because the MOH port is blown.
Posted By: Z-man Re: replacing ics cabinet - 03/17/04 12:23 PM
did you verify it was not a faulty amphenol?

Is the cabinet you are going to replace it with new? If not, you might have some issues with it depending on the version of software which was previously in the replacement mics.
Posted By: rustynails Re: replacing ics cabinet - 03/17/04 07:31 PM
the software version is 6.1, in a cabinet version "circa" 1999. Temporary cabinet is brand new and has not had any programming on it.

The problem with the MOH is major static and low volume. The previous company had wired an 8 ohm speaker output straight to the port. Anyhow I want to send this in and have it fixed ...Can it be fixed?

~nails

[This message has been edited by rustynails (edited March 17, 2004).]
Posted By: rustynails Re: replacing ics cabinet - 03/18/04 10:15 AM
bump
Posted By: Z-man Re: replacing ics cabinet - 03/18/04 09:38 PM
not sure if it is cost effective to repair it. MICS cabinets are a couple hundred bucks now.
Posted By: Kevin L Re: replacing ics cabinet - 03/19/04 12:39 PM
I just did this same thing a couple months ago. I too had to get rid of the cabinet, but keep software, cards etc. I first made a backup of the programming via the rad and Nru backup restore. Powered down the system after backup, took all useful parts and placed them in the new cab. Took old cab down put new one on the wall. When you fire it back up the new Mics cab will come up in default. You then can reconnect to the rad and upload your restore file. While uploading the display on the phones will say in maintenace. Once upload is complete you should be back to where you started from, but with a new mics cabinet. But like someone said above you can only do it this way if you don't have keycodes you need and your using the same software. From what I understand all the memory for power fail is inside the cabinet not software card. Thats why the new cabinet will come up in default. Hope that helps.
Kevin
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help