atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bartel NRU 9.0 and a FastRAD - 03/24/04 06:36 PM
Need some serious help! I have a customer that has a MICS 4.0XC with a PRI and a RAD. They are asking me what I can do for disaster recovery for their site. If something happens in the site and they have to leave in an emergency, can I forward certain extensions and/or lines to another city remotely. These calls cannot go unanswered. Power is not an issue, they have backup power everywhere.

They know how to use the Line Redirection feature from their phones and use it quite often. They are asking me if I can dial into the system and activate the Line Redirection feature from their sets. I think not but maybe I'm wrong. I know I can do CFNA and CF on busy to accomodate this but how do I activate it from their phone? Or can I external call forward their DIDs to another city.

I installed this a couple of years ago and haven't worked on it much since so I'm a little rusty on the PRI and DID programming. I have NRU 9.0.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Posted By: HtownDan Re: NRU 9.0 and a FastRAD - 03/24/04 06:46 PM
sent ya an email. let me know your thoughts.
Posted By: DMCSALES Re: NRU 9.0 and a FastRAD - 03/24/04 08:07 PM
if you guys come up with a solution I'd like to here it
Posted By: HtownDan Re: NRU 9.0 and a FastRAD - 03/25/04 05:26 AM
DMC, I basically offered this advice.
The RAD option is out. Phone companies have a hard time forwarding DIDs so I told him last case scenario there also. The customer could forward the phones but in a disaster didn't seem likely. Because they are a 24 hour operation and don't use the AA, I told him to setup the AA to say something about emergencies and then build a ccr menu that will allow the calls to be transferred to wherever they need to go. Setup a night button and then in a disaster hit it on the way out and wallah. Key also is to make sure the Vmail answers the target lines for the DIDs he wants to forward.
This will accomplish the ultimate goal and is easy to setup. Forwarding by the user or even trying to get the Phone company to do something would be more difficult.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help