atcomsystems.ca/forum
It has been a while since I worked on a DR5 824. The customer has 4 lines which are assigned to all phones and ring at all phones. During the daytime, we want it to ring until answered, but it goes to the Genral MB after 4 rings and I can't figure out why?
Try disabling the gen delivery by using ftr 983, logging in then dial 6. It should give you the option to disable general delivery.(unless its' a lite version) Also check that the operator status is set to "available" using ftr 982. The only thing I can think of that would make the calls go to vm after 4 is either the VM DN is set as the prime set for those lines and DRT to prime is turned on, or one of the users has their ext set to fwd to vm after 4 and their mailbox is full causing it to revert to the gen delivery.
all users have their extensions set to go to voice mail after 4 rings. I will check the DRT to prime.
I've never been able to have extensions ring, and also have them forward to vm automatically. The system is'nt smart enough to tell the difference between outside and internal calls and will end up sending callers to users mailboxes that they were not trying to reach. Were they able to use it that way, or have you found a work around?
the foward to voicemail must be set to a longer time then the voicemail.
example set the foward to voicemail to 4 and set the line answer to 3.
if they don't answer the phone within 3 rings caller will get the aa.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help