atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jsaad Delayed Message delivery on NAM 4.0 - 04/26/04 06:26 PM
We have a NAM 4.0 (copper, 8 channels) on a 8x24 DR5.1. Users are complaining of receiving voicemail messages that are old. Basically, they check their mailbox at noon, no new messages, they check again at 3pm, and there are new messages from 10am.

I went through the system logs, some of the logs say:

"Enough Memory S9", when i select time, the times for these events are always 06:01 and 18:01.

any ideas
Posted By: samh Re: Delayed Message delivery on NAM 4.0 - 04/28/04 12:50 PM
Delayed Messages is an issue that has been reported over the years on a small number of the voicemail products in the Norstar family. This includes StarTalk, StarTalk Mini, FlashTalk and NVM.
The vast majority of incidents have been resolved by:
- rebooting the voicemail unit
- deleting and recreating the mailbox
- deleting and recreating a new mailbox
- deleting all mailboxes and reprogramming the voicemail
If the methods above do not resolve the issue then NVM on the NAM is the only platform that presents us an
opportunity for diagnosing delayed messages. The last recourse for the other products is to replace the unit.Also you should check the memory specially if you have an ACD with the VM you should at least have 32M RAM.
Posted By: jsaad Re: Delayed Message delivery on NAM 4.0 - 04/28/04 04:50 PM
SamH,

This unit has only been in service 1 week. 2 days after installation, they complained of delayed message delivery.

It is a NAM so what opportunities do I have to investigate and diagnose delayed message delivery? There is no ACD or other application on the system.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by samh:
Delayed Messages is an issue that has been reported over the years on a small number of the voicemail products in the Norstar family. This includes StarTalk, StarTalk Mini, FlashTalk and NVM.
The vast majority of incidents have been resolved by:
- rebooting the voicemail unit
- deleting and recreating the mailbox
- deleting and recreating a new mailbox
- deleting all mailboxes and reprogramming the voicemail
If the methods above do not resolve the issue then NVM on the NAM is the only platform that presents us an
opportunity for diagnosing delayed messages. The last recourse for the other products is to replace the unit.Also you should check the memory specially if you have an ACD with the VM you should at least have 32M RAM.
</font>
Posted By: samh Re: Delayed Message delivery on NAM 4.0 - 04/29/04 05:22 AM
Its most likely an old NAM ( 2.0 or 2.1)was upgraded to 4.0 and thats sometimes( most of the times ) a problem ,I will suggest contact the vendor and replace that unit ,thats your best bit.Thats my opinion.
Posted By: jsaad Re: Delayed Message delivery on NAM 4.0 - 05/11/04 01:04 PM
does anyone know if the delayed message delivery problem is resolved with the call pilot 100/150 systems?
CallPilot 2.0.52 is the current release. We have never had that issue come up, only on the Startalk, and some older NAMs.

Your supplier should be willing to fix the problem.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help