atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JWRacedog Network via E&M - 04/29/04 05:12 AM
Customer has a MICS with one open expansion port on the six port expansion module. He has two PRIs and about 50-60 or so phones. He needs to incorporate a separate business on the same floor in the same building (they now have a Toshiba with 10 loop start lines and 11 phones.)The Toshiba is going away (lease runs out) and they want to purchase a used 824DR5 so that they can network the two systems together. Do I purchase E&M Trk cards?? Do they have to purchase E&Ms from the local carrier--or can we link them together using in house cable? I am somwhat familiar with a 3 location (CA, IL, NY)network that works using 200, 300 & 400 series extensions & E&M cards with Frame relay but have never networked a Nortel from scratch. Any advice will be helpful. TIA.
Posted By: samh Re: Network via E&M - 04/29/04 05:30 AM
You can use E&M cards with house cables ,you don't need teleco Involved here at all .You will need to program E&M lines as tie lines with auto answer and program target lines in each system to route the calls to each extension.I hope that helps.
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Network via E&M - 04/29/04 08:31 AM
Wouldn't it be better to upgrade to XC software and just add on to the MICS?
Posted By: Z-man Re: Network via E&M - 04/29/04 09:06 AM
Upgrade it the way to go. If he only currently has 50-60 phones, and two PRI's, what are the rest of the expansion ports being used for? do you have a trunk mod in one of those that you are not using? Get rid of that, and there is 32 more phones for you.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help