atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jjimm Protected line - 07/08/04 10:38 PM
I just installed a Norstar MICS 6.1 with a Call Pilot 150 VM. This was an upgrade from a Norstar 616/StarTalk. The customer wants one line (6)to be "protected". By this, she means she wants the line to ring continuously, without the voicemail answering it, until someone there picks it up, live. Line 6 appears on all 21 sets, and rings on most.

I cannot stop the AA from answering line 6. I have set the Call Pilot lines programming- F983- AA-Lines- Line 6=No. It continues to answer line 6.

I looked at the old 616 system programming, and found that lines 1-5 were in a line pool (A), and line 6 was public. I will try this, but I thought line pools were for outgoing calls, and see no relation to the VM.

Any ideas to get line 6 to ring unanswered?
Posted By: bartel Re: Protected line - 07/09/04 05:04 AM
Do you have the voice mail as a ringing set on all lines? If so, trying changing that to no and it might solve your problem. The voice mail will still answer the lines.

Good luck
Posted By: jjimm Re: Protected line - 07/09/04 09:29 AM
If I understand you, this is the setting for station 252 (voicemail). This is under Line Appearances, which gives you the choices of -unassigned, ring only, appear only, appear and ring. So, you mean to change sta 252 to appear only on lines 1-5, and appear and ring on line 6 ?
Posted By: rustynails Re: Protected line - 07/09/04 10:10 AM
1 make sure you cp extension do not have any ring assignments

2 make sure the cp programming f983 is not assigned to answer that trunk

3 If you you have cfna/cfb assigned in extension programming then that line will be answered by the ext's vmail box.
Posted By: jjimm Re: Protected line - 07/09/04 03:28 PM
1. set the lines on CP ext to-unassigned or appear only?
2. Trunk 6 (actually 032) is set to N
3. no CFNA or CFB

Thanks!
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: Protected line - 07/10/04 07:27 AM
Are you getting a users mailbox when you call that line or the AA greeting? You may want to check the prime set for that line and wether or not DRT to prime is active in the system. The line may be ringing long enough to activate the DRT feature and following that assignment.
Posted By: jjimm Re: Protected line - 07/12/04 04:45 PM
yes the DRT prime set was 252 (VM). Currently, the customer is happy with DRT delay set to 10 rings. This is the solution a local Norstar programmer came up with. I realize that it won't go to VM for 10 rings, but- the customer is happy.
If I have to work on it again, would you recommend the DRT prime be set to none?
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: Protected line - 07/12/04 05:38 PM
If the customer truely does'nt want that line answered by the VM, then I would say yes, set DRT for the line to none. If they use night mode, I would then make it ring to the AA while in night mode so callers that call it after hours will at least get something saying the biz is closed. But it all depends on how the customer wants that line handled.
Posted By: jjimm Re: Protected line - 07/13/04 09:12 AM
DRT prime set= none. Thanks.
They want the line to ring continuously, even when in night mode.
Posted By: Jack Damage Re: Protected line - 07/14/04 03:35 PM
If all else fails, try making Line 032 a private line to one extention, let the system update, then go back in and program the line however you need it. That should erase any erroneuos programming parameters previously assigned.

Just a thought......

(if it rings on any phone with CFWD/NA to VM, it will follow the CFWD.)
Posted By: jjimm Re: Protected line - 07/21/04 07:59 PM
Well, the customer WAS satisfied.... Here we go again.
I was thinking along the same lines as Jack.A single set with only line 032. I was also thinking maybe around robin loop might work- a a virtual set might or else could put a set in the tel closet.

Line 32 rings in on set A with shorter CFNA rings than the other phones; CFNA to Set B with
only line 32 rings once and CFNA to set A.

I am wondering about the ringing order as well. We have about 15 sets ringing on this line.Too many? And- which phone rings first when they have the same lines- in order of extension?
Posted By: jjimm Re: Protected line - 07/25/04 10:05 AM
Mr JackDamage-

I believe you are correct. The CFNA is overriding, and it Line 32 to an individual VM-ext 229 which has one of 8 ringing appearances.

The manual says you can't have two or more ringing appearances for this to happen. Maybe ONE ringing appearance and a Line bell?
Posted By: nfcphoneman Re: Protected line - 07/25/04 01:47 PM
If you are just looking to make the line ring and not go to voice mail, then assign it to a hunt group. Set the line to ring to the hunt group and set the group as Broadcast.

Hunt Groups overide CFB CFNA.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help