atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jjimm CP 150 Directory by First Name - 07/10/04 12:32 AM
Has anyone ever changed a Call Pilot directory to search by first name? After changing it, the names can no longer be accessed at all in the directory.

When changing the search the Company Directory option from search by last name to first name, did the names get erased? Do you have to record the name a diferent way than usual (i.e.,usual= Smith, John mbx 224) ?
Posted By: Z-man Re: CP 150 Directory by First Name - 07/10/04 09:40 PM
I can't really answer if the names get deleted or not because I have not ran across that issue. I have only used the both option under the directory. This way, the can find them by first or last name.
Posted By: jjimm Re: CP 150 Directory by First Name - 07/11/04 01:43 PM
what happened was that a previos installer gave this customer the system passwords.....
She had changed all the names I had programmed (Smith, John) to first name only (John).

After a discussion about me not being responsible for programming changes by others, I changed the names back to (Smith, John), and it works by first name.
Posted By: Jack Damage Re: CP 150 Directory by First Name - 07/14/04 03:42 PM
The system looks in the respective name field for the 1st and last names. When the customer put in the 1st name only, th text was in the last name field, thus the the first name directory wouldn't work, since the 1st name field was empty.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help