atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: emmitt2727 ata on old norstar - 07/22/04 06:28 AM
I am trying to hook an ata 2 to an older norstar 6x16 with the 4x8 software. The ata is not working and it is programmed the way the install sheet say. I have changed it out with another one and it still doent work. Am i missing something?
Posted By: chrislebeck Re: ata on old norstar - 07/22/04 06:58 AM
i'm thinking you need the older style ata to work on a old 616 cabinet
Posted By: emmitt2727 Re: ata on old norstar - 07/23/04 11:56 AM
I tried that and still no sucess
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: ata on old norstar - 07/23/04 12:36 PM
I'm not sure of the compatibily issue myself. What is the unit doing? Is it totally non functional or can you get I/C dialtone but not outside line or what?
Posted By: emmitt2727 Re: ata on old norstar - 07/26/04 05:27 AM
I have battery but no dialtone. I/C or outside.
Posted By: samh Re: ata on old norstar - 07/26/04 07:05 AM
The old ATA or the new ATA 2 they should work fine no problem there at all.However I think you mentioned you have 4/8 s/w did you try plug a digtal phone to that station and made sure it works before plugging the ATA , also make sure that you have one intercome button for that station.
Posted By: emmitt2727 Re: ata on old norstar - 07/27/04 11:36 AM
Yes i tried a phone to make sure port is good. I programmed it according to the install sheet, both ways. With the older software and the dr3 and above. Next we're going to change software cartridgesand see what happens. Then we will change out cabinet if we have to.
Thanks for the help
Posted By: emmitt2727 Re: ata on old norstar - 07/28/04 09:18 PM
Hey All,

i found out that the software has to be dr2 or higher to work with an ata and all of the 4x8 software is dr1. Thats what i have been told. We'll know for sure when the software gets here. Just something else to tuck away in case youy run across the same issue.

thanks
emmitt
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help