atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MINM M7410 - 07/27/04 06:26 PM
CAN ANYONE TELL ME OR POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO REINITIALIZE A HANDSET TO A BASE. I BOUGHT A USED PHONE AND THE HANDSET DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE BASE, THERE IS A WAY AND JUST CAN NOT REMEMBER HOW TO DO IT?
THANKS.
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: M7410 - 07/27/04 06:34 PM
From what I understand, this cannot easily be accomplished if at all by an end user or tech. [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]

More info can be found here....
https://www.sundance-communications.com/forum/Forum8/HTML/000481.html
Posted By: bcousins Re: M7410 - 07/28/04 07:13 AM
You need to set the handset ID which corresponds with the RJ11 jack on the back of the base station ( 1,2,3). Then you need to assign the handset to the base. Very easy if you follow the instructions in the T7406 Installation guide.
B
Posted By: telsetrepair Re: M7410 - 07/30/04 09:35 AM
The above is correct for a T7406, but the M7410 handsets are matched to the host base.
Posted By: sbryant Re: M7410 - 08/03/04 04:51 PM
I have a similar problem - used same battery for five years (no spare). Suddenly today the handset does not recognize it's buddy the base unit. Does battery condition/life have any bearing on "Invalid Handset" error. And how is Flash IC used to correct this problem?
Also - I have noticed handset occasionally ticks!
Posted By: omni Re: M7410 - 09/13/04 09:57 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MINM:
CAN ANYONE TELL ME OR POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO REINITIALIZE A HANDSET TO A BASE. I BOUGHT A USED PHONE AND THE HANDSET DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE BASE, THERE IS A WAY AND JUST CAN NOT REMEMBER HOW TO DO IT?
THANKS.
</font>

unplug the power and the line cord also the battery then one at a time plug line cord power put the handset to cradle make sure charge light is on then put the battery it should marry.... good luck
Posted By: Wattronics Re: M7410 - 03/08/05 07:57 AM
The handset CAN be matched to the base!

1) Put the handset in the cradle.
2) Unplug the power and line cord from the base unit
3) Wait 5 sec, reinstall cords with the handset in place.
4) Keep the handset on the base for 10 seconds, it’s now done.

------------------
Mike Watson
Wattronics Co.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help