atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: NimrodMCSE MICS Weirdness - 08/03/04 05:21 AM
Having a really weird problem with my MICS 4.0 with Voicemail 4.0. Started out that only on weekends and sometimes after normal business hours during the week I'll have phones that will automatically start dialing the last number called from the set. This used to happen only when the Auto Attendant is on but now it will do it in the middle of the work day. After a while the Station Module that these phones are attached to will cause all sets connected to it to have the "Flashing arrows" display and all the sets will be out of service. Once I power the Module off & on and it synchs with the system everything will work again for a short time. Also these phones will go into "Hands Free" at the same time as it starts making calls. Kind of spooky while working on the weekend and having all the phones around you start dialing for themselves. Also the longer the module is up the worse the voice quality becomes, gets really bad static or sounds like rain falling The local Bellsouth Guys don't have a clue. Also had another company come and try to fix. Looking for any insight. Things done already are the MOX 16 was swapped with a known good one, replaced cable going to punch down from the MOX 16, moved it to another port on same card, moved it to a port on a different card and replaced fiber patch cable from MOX 16 to Combo card. All these were no help. Already disconnected the RAD and Changed all the passwords thinking it could have been compromised. Maybe some kinda data corruption, bad memory, or other bug? Any ideas are appreciated. I'm not a phone guy so my knowledge of the system isn't that extensive.
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: MICS Weirdness - 08/03/04 06:15 AM
I've never run into that problem with a MICS, but my first thought is possible RF interference. I noticed from your profile your company makes wirless network soultions. Do you have transmitters set up at your location? Also do you have only one 0x16 module on the system?
Posted By: NimrodMCSE Re: MICS Weirdness - 08/03/04 06:21 AM
Nothing high power. Similar to 802.11 based cards. There are a total of 6 0x16 modules on the system.
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: MICS Weirdness - 08/03/04 06:56 AM
Anything unusual about the phones that are tied to that module, eg long runs, underground cable with protectors etc?
Posted By: NimrodMCSE Re: MICS Weirdness - 08/03/04 07:22 AM
Not really. They're all 7310s. The module in question is on a fiber extension from the 2nd to 4th floors. There are 2 seperate fiber extensions on 2 different fiber runs from 2 to 4. Tried swapping extender modules between the 2 16s and it didn't help, even swapped the fiber runs between the 2, still the same problems. Just talked to the tech at my support company and he said he talked with Nortel and they think it's a software corruption issue. Probably gonna backup over the RAD and do a reinstall to see if that fixes it.
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: MICS Weirdness - 08/03/04 04:50 PM
It sounds as if you have tried swapping everything around and at this point it only leaves the software or the extensions and associated cabling that could be the problem. If the software was corrupted it would seem moving the station mod to a different port would have elimanated that. Sorry not much help, but let us know how it turns out in case anybody else runs into this. The only thing close to your situation that I have encountered is on one job I was trying to renumber station DN's to match incoming centrex numbers and it caused a system conflict with the CO module and it made it do some strange things. If the system restore does'nt work meter out the calbes to see if any stray voltage or anything is coming into the mod. Good luck.
Posted By: jjimm Re: MICS Weirdness - 08/03/04 05:12 PM
Have you already tried elimating the 2nd to floor run, by connecting the module right next to the KSU with a patch cord to see if the distance is an issue?
Posted By: jjimm Re: MICS Weirdness - 08/03/04 05:18 PM
Have you already tried eliminating the 2nd to 4th floor fiber run, by connecting the module right next to the KSU with a patch cord to see if distance is an issue?

(if I could type I'd be dangerous..)
Posted By: samh Re: MICS Weirdness - 08/04/04 06:59 AM
I had similar problem long time ago and it was the 6 port fiber card.I think you should consider replacing s/w and main cabinet and 6 port fiber card.
Posted By: NimrodMCSE Re: MICS Weirdness - 08/17/04 05:56 AM
Follow up. Phone tech came in and tried to upgrade to 6.1. Had file missing error so returned to 4.1. Defaulted system and reloaded from backup over RAD. Now get "all lines busy" all the time. Internally system works great, phone weirdness went away. But still can't access PRI, Sprint says d-channel shows busy or drops? They say circuit is set at NI-1 but I didn't think this system supported that protocol. Having them change class of service to NI-2 and hopefully that will fix it. Been down since Thursday night to the real world. Any other ideas what I should check?
Posted By: rustynails Re: MICS Weirdness - 08/17/04 08:20 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NimrodMCSE:
Follow up. Phone tech came in and tried to upgrade to 6.1. Had file missing error so returned to 4.1. Defaulted system and reloaded from backup over RAD. Now get "all lines busy" all the time. Internally system works great, phone weirdness went away. But still can't access PRI, Sprint says d-channel shows busy or drops? They say circuit is set at NI-1 but I didn't think this system supported that protocol. Having them change class of service to NI-2 and hopefully that will fix it. Been down since Thursday night to the real world. Any other ideas what I should check?</font>

first of all there are issues when down grading. Next, in order to use 6.1 you need to upgrade the nam to 4.1.

~nails

[This message has been edited by rustynails (edited August 17, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by rustynails (edited August 17, 2004).]
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help