atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jack Damage Modem on an ATA problem - 08/05/04 03:51 PM
MICS 4.1 s/w. About 3 years old.

My customer has a dialer program in his PC that will dial a number for him and then transfer the call to his keyset, sta 222. Problem is.......it won't! (transfer, that is)

The modem is connected to an ATA (sta 242). With my test set, I can manually dial:

9, XXX-XXXX, flash, *70,222, and hang-up. the call is transfered, no problem.

The modem string to do the same thing should be:
9,XXX-XXXX,!,*70,222,;H0

I can't get the system to recognize the hookflash from the modem. I tried to change the flash time on the modem several times from 500mS all the way to 120mS to no avail.

I can't even get the modem to flash the ATA to put the call on hold so he can grab it by pressing the line key.

The modem will not produce a hookflash that that the system will recognize.

I also tried 2 laptops (two modems) with the same result.

As a band aid, I split the ATA at the jack, so he has an analog phone next to his keyset and he'll just pick it up after the modem dials the number for him.

Any ideas?????
Posted By: JJ Re: Modem on an ATA problem - 08/09/04 04:14 PM
If you can find it? Try a VMI interface unit. It is used to hook a none Nortel voicemail to Norstar.

Good Luck!!
Posted By: N3ur0 Re: Modem on an ATA problem - 08/09/04 06:21 PM
Try changing hook flash time on the system, I think default it is set at 700ms (could be wrong) maybe the modem and system hook flash times need to be in sync.
Posted By: Jack Damage Re: Modem on an ATA problem - 08/10/04 09:21 AM
As I said, I messed with the flash (link)timer on the modem, not the ATA. It is currently 600mS. Should it be longer for this function, you think?
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help