atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jack Damage Call Pilot pswd expiration - 09/09/04 03:23 PM
I understand that there is a way to disable the pswd expiration via laptop.

I know that by COS you can extend it up to 90 days.

I keep getting complaints from customers about this.

Can some one tell me how this is done?

thx.

------------------
Punch all Pairs!
Posted By: jsaad Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 09/09/04 05:32 PM
the way i do it is to hook up the call pilot to a LAN and use the web based interface to edit the class of service.
Posted By: Jack Damage Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 09/10/04 08:36 AM
I remember that now, but there was a problem with the current versions of Internet Explorer. It hgas to be bween 4.0 and 5.0 or something to work.

Can anybody give me some specifics on how to pull this off?

------------------
Punch all Pairs!
Posted By: DMCSALES Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 09/10/04 12:12 PM
ON THE C.P. THERE WAS A WAY TO CHANGE THE C.O.S. THROUGH THE PHONE, WHEN YOU GO TO MBOX ADMIN PRESS EITHER 11 OR 44 ONE OF THOSE CODES SHOULD GET YOU INTO THE C.O.S.
Posted By: Z-man Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 09/10/04 11:46 PM
any version of IE 4 and higher will work. make sure your IP settings are correct and that all firewalls are disabled.
Posted By: Jack Damage Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 09/13/04 01:11 PM
Hey DMC,

I was poking around in my CallPilot, but didn't see what you were talking about.

44 gives me option admin

11 gives me call id table

3 is interesting . it asks me for a password, which I was unable to crack (tried the usual NS pswd's.) anybody know what that's for?

Anyway, can you direct me to the COS menu more specifically?

thx

------------------
Punch all Pairs!
Posted By: samh Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 09/13/04 01:44 PM
The COS on the call pilot can only be modified using the IP connection with internet browser. However on the NAM 4.1 only you can modify the cos using the phone by dialing 1 on the mailbox admin.
Posted By: Jack Damage Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 09/13/04 03:27 PM
In the CP manual it says you can use Internet Explorer version 4.0<, but >6.0 and a crossover cable for direct connection.

All our machines are 6.0 and above, so I'm screwed unless we get an older laptop with LAN capability.

[This message has been edited by Jack Damage (edited September 13, 2004).]
Posted By: jsaad Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 09/13/04 05:36 PM
i don't think the browser is an issue. I've used all sorts of browsers. I prefer FIREFOX however.

To connect the CP 100 to the LAN you must have a 10/100 hub/switch or a 10/100 ethernet card. If you do not have a hub/switch then you can connect directly to the CP100 with a crossover cable. You must set your IP address on your PC to something like 192.168.110.11 with a subnet of 255.255.255.0 The IP Adress of the CP100 will be 192.168.110.10. Put that address in your browswer and your on your way.

You can change the IP of the CP100 using the web browswer so any computer on the LAN ca access it.
Posted By: BCM programmer Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 09/17/04 11:10 PM
Find out the COS for mailbox 102, or 1002. For BCM's it's 7. Set the Password expiry to 0 so you don't have to change it again.
Posted By: keokata Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 10/04/04 03:58 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jack Damage:
Hey DMC,

I was poking around in my CallPilot, but didn't see what you were talking about.

44 gives me option admin

3 is interesting . it asks me for a password, which I was unable to crack (tried the usual NS pswd's.) anybody know what that's for?

thx

</font>
Posted By: keokata Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 10/04/04 04:00 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jack Damage:
Hey DMC,

44 gives me option admin

thx

</font>

TRY THE PASSWORD SLEEPY AND KEEP PRESSING NEXT
Posted By: DMCSALES Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 10/04/04 08:44 PM
sorry, i goofed
that was on the nam
Posted By: Jack Damage Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 10/05/04 08:23 AM
Sleepy???
Is that some kind of an easter egg on the NAM?
Posted By: Jack Damage Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 10/05/04 08:27 AM
ahhhhhhh......Prompts!

It does work on the Call Pilot.

------------------
Punch all Pairs!
Posted By: Bman Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 10/05/04 09:33 AM
So what do you do with this prompt option?
Posted By: TecTelconnections Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 10/23/04 06:18 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by samh:
The COS on the call pilot can only be modified using the IP connection with internet browser. However on the NAM 4.1 only you can modify the cos using the phone by dialing 1 on the mailbox admin.</font>

Could you supply more info on how to edit the class of service using a phone connection? The only way I know is by using the Voicemail Manager. I would really appreciate knowing how to do this without connecting using the manager software. I have a NAM that doesn't have a network card and this would help me greatly.
Posted By: Jack Damage Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 10/26/04 08:26 AM
I was on a NAM the other day and was trying to change mbox 301. I accidently forgot to press the "chng" button on the mbox "add, delete,chnge" screen and dialed 301 prematurely and VOILA! the COS menu came up and in there was pswd expiry. I don't know if 301 is the actual command to get there, but it got me there!

[This message has been edited by Jack Damage (edited October 26, 2004).]
Posted By: Toner Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 10/26/04 09:01 PM
Amazing what you can find out by just pushing buttons! How nice would it be to have all these things documented in one little handbook?
Posted By: Jack Damage Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 10/27/04 03:27 PM
You think?????

Hey, Someone at Nortel oughtta consider that.

I've even made up a couple of Word .doc's for cliffnotes to the user guide that I print out and give to customers or email to them so they don't have to search the manual for all the usual stuff like conference or button programming.
Posted By: TecTelconnections Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 10/30/04 04:20 AM
I tried using 301 on the Nam I am having problems with but it didn't work. If I understand corectly. You went into f983 then pressed Mbox and at that point you entered 301.
Posted By: Jack Damage Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 11/02/04 09:07 AM
Yes, that is correct:

F983 + (log in code)
then mbox
then 301

However, I think that the 301 is not the actual code. It is probably just "1".
Posted By: samh Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 11/02/04 11:16 AM
There is no 301 code to modify the COS its only dial 1 after you get the mailbox admin but this option is only available on the NAM 4.1 not any other versions below that release. Before that version to modify the COS you had to log in using the computer using NVM s/w.

Good Luck
Posted By: TecTelconnections Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 11/11/04 05:37 PM
Do you know what would be needed to upgrade the system to 4.1 it is 4.0 now
Posted By: Manno Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 11/11/04 05:57 PM
This is easy. Find out what class of service the mailbox is. Usually most people build them as 1. Go to mailbox administration, via the LAN. Click on "class of service". Click on the class of service number that the mailbox is under the "COS ID" column. Change "Password Expiry" entery to 0. It is that simple.
Posted By: TecTelconnections Re: Call Pilot pswd expiration - 11/19/04 05:22 PM
I was wondering if it is possible to back up the software on a nam without a Network port onto a Nam that does have a network port. Then I could change the COS on the Network enabled Nam and then restore to the original nam. Anyone know if this can be done?
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help