atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: tel the sky touch tone versus rotary - 01/18/05 10:14 AM
I can't believe the default dial mode for Nortel is rotary! I just "set up" a left behind system for a new tenant in an office building. The password has been changed from default, I cannot access programming, and the dial mode is in rotary.
1. Is there any way to change the dial mode without accessing programming?
2. how can I make the system go back to default password so I can program?
Posted By: clanier Re: touch tone versus rotary - 01/18/05 10:49 AM
You have some older software. You will have to access the programming to change the dial mode. You will have to connect a RAD to get the passwords
Posted By: tel the sky Re: touch tone versus rotary - 01/18/05 04:43 PM
Thanks for your quick answer! There is something called a "fast rad" on the prem. Do I connect that to my laptop somehow and then use hyperterminal to get passwords?

Thanks again for any and all info you can provide me!
Posted By: roldan Re: touch tone versus rotary - 01/18/05 06:16 PM
You'll need the Norstar Remote Utillities software to access the norstar via the FastRad, you'll also need the password to the FastRad. It would be easier if you had your own RAD, because you'd have the password for it.
Posted By: tel the sky Re: touch tone versus rotary - 01/19/05 12:38 PM
thanks guys. I understand what to do now!
Posted By: tel the sky Re: touch tone versus rotary - 02/07/05 07:30 PM
What I found out: There is a way to get touch tones without programming: use feature 808 while on a call. It gives you touch tones for that call only.
Next, I found out that if the Nortel is dialing rotary, that is the default mode so it's gotta be back to password default.
And finally, I found out (remembered, actually) that when you are gettting "access denied" you could just be at an 8 button set which does not allow programming. A 10 button or above phone is what is needed. Wow! What a lesson! But I learned from it, and got paid while I was doing it. Not bad!
Thanks guys!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help