atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: locg door opening controller - 02/15/05 08:04 AM
how do i a progam a button on a phone to open door. i know its connected to a station port do i programm an auto dial button?
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: door opening controller - 02/15/05 08:52 AM
When you establish communication with a doorphone (it calls you, or you call it), a softkey on the 7316 will be avaiable to open the door.

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Learn more about the Nortel Networks Business Communications Manager HERE !
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: door opening controller - 02/15/05 08:55 AM
If you're not using a 7316, you press the "open" digit on the dial pad. This is programmed when you configure the Doorphone.

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Posted By: locg Re: door opening controller - 02/15/05 09:16 AM
i'm only using the controller not the door phone
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: door opening controller - 02/15/05 09:32 AM
The DOC only works in conjunction with doorphones.

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Posted By: U-TEL-US Re: door opening controller - 02/15/05 10:31 AM
To operate the door opener you have to key eg.6 and then possibly program a button for long tones which is Feature 808 that should do it for you. Ken
Posted By: locg Re: door opening controller - 02/15/05 11:38 AM
I'm trying to release a maglock with the at the receptionist the door contolle is connected to an ext. port. cant i just put an autodial button for that ext on main phone and call it to open door?
Posted By: BCMguy.com Re: door opening controller - 02/15/05 11:47 AM
No.

Sorry.

------------------
BCM Guy
www.BCMguy.com
Posted By: bartel Re: door opening controller - 02/15/05 06:55 PM
Loc,

Not sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish. Is this door right near the receptionist's desk? If so, the easiest thing to do is not through the phone system, put a doorbell button underneath her desk, wire it to the doorstrike and a 24VDC power supply and it should work fine. I have this setup in places where the customer didn't want a doorphone but wanted to unlock the door with the push of a button. If you need more info, shoot me an email.

Chris
Posted By: locg Re: door opening controller - 02/15/05 06:59 PM
i was trying to avoid putting a button on the by the recep desk. The controllers for the maglocks are in the same room with the pbx so i was tring to find a way to assign a button on the recep's phone that would open door. yes she can see whose out there that why theres no need for a doorphone.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help