atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: edrian Upgrading CICS from 4.0 to 6.1 - 02/23/05 08:12 PM
Hi all,
I am trying to upgrade a customers software in his CICS from v4.0 to v6.1. I backed up his system programming with a FastRAD, unplugged his lines, removed power from the CICS, replaced the software card, powered the unit back up, and plugged the lines back in. The sets came up fine, and retained most of the programming (looks like everything except speeddial). Now, I read on another forum that to get his speeddials back, I need to restore the backup that I created, but when I try to connect I get an error that APF01ENG.MAP is not available. Could someone please tell me where I can find this file? I have searched throughout the MAPS directory, scoured the internet, and searched countless forums, but I cannot find a place to download it. I have also checked my Nortel CDs, still no luck. If someone could either give me this file, or a link to where it can be downloaded, I would be eternally greatful. Thanks.

Edrian
Posted By: roldan Re: Upgrading CICS from 4.0 to 6.1 - 02/23/05 09:53 PM
Are you using NRU 9.0, it sounds like you may be using it and you need 10.0 to work with 6.1
Posted By: edrian Re: Upgrading CICS from 4.0 to 6.1 - 02/24/05 03:40 PM
I am using 9.0, can I get an upgrade to 10.0?
Posted By: roldan Re: Upgrading CICS from 4.0 to 6.1 - 02/24/05 05:43 PM
It's on Nortel's website, do a search for it there.
Posted By: edrian Re: Upgrading CICS from 4.0 to 6.1 - 02/25/05 07:20 AM
Ok, so I downloaded NRU 10.0 from Nortel's website. After installing, the first thing I did was check the \maps directory...no APF01ENG.MAP. Then I tried to connect to the customers CICS directly using FASTRad. It still tells me I need APF01ENG.MAP. So it didn't come with the software. If anyone has this file, could you please send it to me? I am getting quite desperate. Thanks.
Posted By: edrian Re: Upgrading CICS from 4.0 to 6.1 - 02/28/05 03:48 PM
Hi, I am still desperatly looking for this file, I have spoken with my vendor, and he doesn't know how or where to get it either. If anyone here can either send it to me, send me a link to it that would be greatly appreciated. Once again, the file name is APF01ENG.MAP. Thanks guys.
Posted By: telcomm388 Re: Upgrading CICS from 4.0 to 6.1 - 03/01/05 05:27 PM
You need a different Vendor then.
Posted By: tincanphoneman Re: Upgrading CICS from 4.0 to 6.1 - 03/09/05 08:05 AM
I remember a post with a link to nru 10 download. I'll see into it and get back to you on this.
Posted By: docphil Re: Upgrading CICS from 4.0 to 6.1 - 03/09/05 04:00 PM
I had the same problem download NRU10 from the nortel site it has the map folder in the proper place.

------------------
DocPhil
www.recordtel.com
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help