atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: lwruk Passwords - 03/08/05 11:07 AM
I posted this message in Other, without looking close enough to see that there was a board for Nortel...

I actually have two issues: how do I disable the forced periodic password changes for my users, and how do I reset the system administrator password via F983?

TIA!
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Passwords - 03/08/05 01:12 PM
Passwords are not posted in the open forum for hacking reasons. Which voice mail do you have? NAM,flash or call pilot? Email me or the moderators for info offline.
Posted By: jwooten Re: Passwords - 03/08/05 05:33 PM
If you have a CP, you must log in with a laptop. The COS settings page will present you an option to disable password expiration.
Posted By: lwruk Re: Passwords - 03/08/05 05:48 PM
Okay, sorry - what's a "CP"?
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Passwords - 03/08/05 05:55 PM
Call Pilot.
Posted By: lwruk Re: Passwords - 03/08/05 05:58 PM
Okay, no - I don't have a call pilot, as in CP100 etc.
Posted By: RATHER BE FISHING Re: Passwords - 03/08/05 06:09 PM
You've got mail.
Posted By: nevcomm Re: Passwords - 03/19/05 02:18 PM
1) You can easily reset the voice mail sys admin password; however you will need to contact me outside of this forum.
2) If you have a Call Pilot voice mail you will change the password expiry in the users Class of Service.
3) If you have the Norstar Applications Module there is a way to do this however it’s not fun and requires a specific procedure. Yes, we have done this.
4) If you are using the Star talk, Flash or Mini then your simply cannot be done!
Good Luck!

------------------
-Mark Durst

Nev-Comm, LLC
6170 W. Lake Mead #299
Las Vegas, Nevada 89108
(702) 320-2800 x44
(702) 396-2845 facsimile
Visit our web site at https://www.nev-comm.com
Posted By: lwruk Re: Passwords - 03/19/05 03:51 PM
Thanks - I was able to get the system admin password reset, but we do have a NAM and I really would like to change the expiration on passwords...
Posted By: thagg Re: Passwords - 03/24/05 08:00 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lwruk:
Thanks - I was able to get the system admin password reset, but we do have a NAM and I really would like to change the expiration on passwords...

</font>
If you have a NAM release 4.1 you can change COS from the system admin. If you don't you will need Norstar Voice Mail Manager
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help