atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: NTlayoff BCM Backup - 03/11/05 04:32 PM
On a BCM, I want to capture the backup file(s) onto my laptop. I have tried to backup then transfer the file(s) but can't get access to where the file is put. I have tried to map it to my laptop with no success. I read the HELP but apparently I don't understand every bit of info it needs to map it. Does anyone have a step by step in easy English for backing up a BCM to my laptop OR to transfer the file after a backup is completed? BCM 3.6 Thanks

------------------
Posted By: Crowtalks Re: BCM Backup - 03/19/05 08:41 AM
I backup behind a static connection. I created a shared folder called Backup (you can call it anything) in my laptop. Open the BRU utility tab in the Unified Manager and create a new volume (follow the help template to the letter or it won't work) you will need to include your laptop name and shared folder name. Once it sees your laptop, it will ask for your user name and password to your laptop. If you do multiple backups, you will want to rename the backup folders in your shared folder but remember that to do a restore you will need to rename it exactly as it was saved. Hope I didn't leave anything out as this is from memory. If you fool with a BCM much, you might consider checking out the BCM-Norstar group in yahoo. For technical posts only.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help