atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 30362 CICS 4.0 w/ StarTalk Flash 2 vers 1.70 - 03/14/05 12:59 PM
I have a couple of basic CICS / Startalk Flash questions, sorry for my ignorance but I'm new to the Nortel key systems having spent most of my time with Avaya Legend / Definity / Intuity / Cisco Avvid platforms.

1 - I have a CICS 4.0 and am trying to add a startalk flash v1.70 and am not having any luck, I connected the flash to the CICS on a station port but I am not sure where to go from there, I checked over the CICS installer manual but didn't find any steps for installing the flash, and the flash manual didn't show any either. Do I need to change the station under "terminals & sets" or should the system auto-config. I tried dialing the extension I connected it to and get an error when dialing it. When I try a feature 983 I get an error as well.

2) What is the value, besides having the latest version, in upgrading from CICS 4.0 to 6.1?

3) Can the CICS be configured / administered using a laptop and serial cable, and is special software required or will hyperterminal work? Better yet, can the CICS be administered via dialin with a modem?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Darryl
I'm trying to find my software compatibility chart but something in the back of my head says you may have to upgrade the Flash mail software to get that to work. 1.70 is kinda old.
Posted By: DMCSALES Re: CICS 4.0 w/ StarTalk Flash 2 vers 1.70 - 03/14/05 07:55 PM
1: the flash needs to be 1.9
2: it all dependes on your applications. if your running the system with a few lines/stations then 4.0 will be fine
3: you can configure the cics with a laptop and as well as dialin with a modem. the cics has a built in rad unit that needs to be configured, you will also need to make sure that the rad option is in the system. you will also need the nru software.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help