atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ed8020 Remote Access Prob. Modem did not respond - 03/16/05 11:32 AM
MICS Rel 5
A customer that I did some cabling for bought a used norstar.
When the Fastrad answers it connects then says "modem did not respond". I have tried all baud rates,(1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200). I'm using NRU 10.
I was able to reset the fastrad using the softkey method so I have the correct password and sys id.
Any ideas?
What modem are you using? Have you used this modem to connect to another RAD?
Posted By: ed8020 Re: Remote Access Prob. Modem did not respond - 03/16/05 05:25 PM
Its a Diamond Supramax 56i.
Someone told me a couple hours ago it might be the modem so I'm about to swap it out. I have about 5 old modems laying around. I will reply with the results.
On a semi related note... I cannot find ANY documentation anywhere on how to install a Fastrad. I have spent hours searching the web and all I can find is how to reset one.
I'm not sure if I have the port programmed right but atleast the fastrad is answering.
I'm glad I found this forum, otherwise I'd be completely dead in the water.
Thanks to everyone.
Posted By: ed8020 Re: Remote Access Prob. Modem did not respond - 03/16/05 07:12 PM
I'M IN!!! I got in with a Modem Blaster DI 5655. Thanks anyway.
For a FastRad, you don't even need a modem. It will connect internally. You can set it up to answer a particular line number, or you can have someone transfer the call to the RAD using a Feature code.
If you are on site, you can also connect the fastrad to a station port and configure your NRU to local connection...
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help