atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: WRichey AA IN CICS - 03/24/05 09:57 AM
Thanks in advance

The question I have may sound dumb but I have learned there are no dumb answers. So I have a customer with a cics and they are upgrading the software to i believe 6.1. is there a built in auto attendant? and how do I access it? I didnt know one was built in but the customer says there is (does that make me look good or what?) anyhow any available info is always grateful.

and a side note I know the basics ie ccr and the like but dont work on nortel much

------------------
Altcomm @ A.S.E Inc
[Linked Image from altcomm.com]
Posted By: clanier Re: AA IN CICS - 03/24/05 10:51 AM
Look under "System Programming" then scroll to "Auto Attendant" and you can set it up there.
Posted By: jwooten Re: AA IN CICS - 03/24/05 04:54 PM
You don't have a lot of total record time with the on board AA. I want to say 90 seconds. Time out all greetings before hand. You can use the canned greetings and prompts!
Posted By: WRichey Re: AA IN CICS - 03/28/05 06:35 AM
Thanks For the help I will be working on it this week (thats a great built in feature if it works well) 90 secs might just be enough thanks again

------------------
Altcomm @ A.S.E Inc
[Linked Image from altcomm.com]
Posted By: WRichey Re: AA IN CICS - 03/28/05 12:58 PM
Oh and 96 secs is all you get and it is alocated to 32 secs a greeting just an fyi thanks again
Posted By: nectec Re: AA IN CICS - 03/28/05 08:33 PM
You can listen to the default announcements by dialing Feature *833 and entering system password. You can also record your own announcements or use a combination of both factory and your own. You can also enable or disable each announcement.
Posted By: lynne Re: AA IN CICS - 04/16/05 09:09 AM
u could also record a greeting in GREETING "A" and then one in greeting "C" for example. this would allow you to have more time in your recording. you wont even here the time lapse. we've used the AA in cics thousands of times. its a great but small feature.
Posted By: WRichey Re: AA IN CICS - 04/25/05 07:26 AM
Just an update I did the upgrade and all went flawless. The AA is very cool I didnt know that it existed prior but now I do oh and always build the ccr tree even if your not going to use the aa it makes it much faster on an upgrade

Thanks for the help
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help