atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: sbbamafan Caller ID setup - 04/19/05 11:07 AM
I wnat to activate the caller ID function. I have a CICS system with CI card. The phone company says my caller id is already turned on (has been for years). FYI - I saw a note in in the manual that said to hit "Feature 811". All it does when I do that is say "No Calls". What is wrong and what do I need to do now?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Bellguy Re: Caller ID setup - 04/19/05 11:10 AM
What s/w is it using?
Posted By: sbbamafan Re: Caller ID setup - 04/19/05 11:16 AM
I jsut upgraded last a year or two ago but I can't remember the version number. Is there a way to tell without shutting down?
Posted By: roldan Re: Caller ID setup - 04/19/05 11:19 AM
You can pull the front cover off and look at the sticker on the software or you can get into programming under Maintenance>System Version.
Posted By: sbbamafan Re: Caller ID setup - 04/19/05 11:28 AM
Hate to sound as ignorant as I am with this...but...I used the "admin" password to get to the "maintenance" menu. Problem is, it does not get to a maintenance mennu. Is there another default password that does?
Posted By: roldan Re: Caller ID setup - 04/19/05 11:30 AM
yes, but that password is not given out on public forums on this site, check the sticker on the software card.
Posted By: sbbamafan Re: Caller ID setup - 04/19/05 11:36 AM
ok - I found it - when I go to MAINTENANCE, SHOW, SHOW it says "30AGK01 NAT".
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Caller ID setup - 04/19/05 12:02 PM
When you hit Feature-811 and it says "NO CALLS" was your phone ringing? For F811 to work you need: 1) Your phone ringing with incoming call. 2) Phone needs to have rung once plus time for caller ID to come in. If you hit F811 before ID comes in it will say "NO CALLS". If that happens then hit the ringing line after a short delay. 3) You need to set up caller ID info in the programming.
Posted By: roldan Re: Caller ID setup - 04/19/05 12:05 PM
Ok, cool. That's a CICS 2.0 expanded. 1st of all the lines will need to appear and ring on the sets or you will have to use the F811 code.
Posted By: sbbamafan Re: Caller ID setup - 04/19/05 12:07 PM
Hey - you're right, it works! But, isn't there a way to have the caller id info automatically display without having to type "feature 811" each call?
Posted By: roldan Re: Caller ID setup - 04/19/05 12:59 PM
look under Terminals & Sets>Telco Features
Posted By: sbbamafan Re: Caller ID setup - 04/19/05 01:13 PM
under Telco Features it has only one choice; VMsg ctr tel#s>. No other options. Am I doing something wrong or is it somewhere else?

Thanks.
Posted By: roldan Re: Caller ID setup - 04/19/05 01:39 PM
Terminal & Sets>Telco Features, not just Telco Features.
Posted By: Bob3470 Re: Caller ID setup - 04/19/05 07:45 PM
Under TERMINAL AND SETS under set xxx do show, then next, until you come to USER PREFERENCES then show, and next until you come to CALL LOG OPTIONS and show and pick what option you want for that set.
Also as said in the above post set up TELCO FEATURES under sets also. You can store 250 called ID numbers in the Log. This is where you alot how many can be stored at each set or just a few sets

------------------
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help