atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jordan Busy tone when taking to long to dial - 05/06/05 11:40 AM
If we pause too long between digits when dialing and external number we get a busy tone. User have been complaining that if they don't know the number by heart or they have to think for more than 4 seconds they get the busy tone.

Is this a problem with the Meridian phone system (Software version 6.1) or is it an issue with my PRI service from the phone company?
Posted By: JOHNYREB Re: Busy tone when taking to long to dial - 05/06/05 12:54 PM
Try changing the dial mode of each extension using Ftr *82, Select "Pre-dial" instead of standard. To use, without going offhook, dial the desired number, then hit the key you use to access outgoing trunks and it will place the call.
Posted By: NTlayoff Re: Busy tone when taking to long to dial - 05/07/05 06:21 AM
Try increasing the timeout. Under System Programming - Dialing Plan - Dial Timout. Default is 4 seconds. You may increase that up to (I believe) 15 seconds. See if that helps. But keep in mind that if you set it for 10,12,or even 15 sec. and they dial all the digits in 5 seconds the system will still wait those 10,12 or 15 sec. before dialing. They you will hear them complaining-"It takes tooooo long for a call to go through. Whaaa!!!!"
Posted By: Z-man Re: Busy tone when taking to long to dial - 05/07/05 11:33 AM
this is also a feature of most PRIs, so be aware of that. a 3-4 second pause will usually disconnect. Remember too, 4 seconds to the customer could be 10 seconds to the rest of us.
Posted By: Crowtalks Re: Busy tone when taking to long to dial - 05/07/05 02:12 PM
Isn't customer sevice a hoot! This is typical of everyday customer scenarios. I love Telephony!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help