atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jerseyjk External Transfer Help - 05/10/05 07:22 AM
We have a Nortel Modular ICS. I'm trying to set up external transfer by dialing an extension. i.e. you transfer a call to extension xxxx and it goes to an outside phone number. They would basically be phantom extensions (never be picked up in the office). No need for direct dial in to these numbers either.

I have seven or eight different external transfers I need to set up, so I don't really want to have an actual extension with a phone forwarding each of them. I also need to give access to 50+ people, so setting up transfer to a hot-button on each phone is impractical.

Is this possible with Nortel?
Posted By: jwooten Re: External Transfer Help - 05/10/05 02:32 PM
It is possible with 4.1 and above but not practical. Get 3-way calling from the telco. Way easier and it frees up your lines once transfered.
Posted By: jerseyjk Re: External Transfer Help - 05/11/05 07:11 AM
Can you point me in the direction of how it's possible through the Nortel system?

I'm looking in to the 3 way calling, but with so many incoming lines as well as having to manually 11-digit dial each of the 7 or 8 external transfers seems to make it pretty tedious.
Posted By: Toner Re: External Transfer Help - 05/11/05 05:16 PM
I'm thinking that you could set up routing codes that would transfer the calls for you but I'm not 100% sure it would work. You could probably set up codes like 801, 802, 803, etc. and absorb the digits then add the digits of the phone number you want to dial. Then you should be able to do a transfer 801 and so on.
Posted By: Mike W Re: External Transfer Help - 05/18/05 07:14 AM
I've set this up precisely this way - with routes/dests, and it works fine. Seems like a bit of a sledgehammer solution, when all I really need to be able to do is transfer to a speed dial number!
Posted By: jerseyjk Re: External Transfer Help - 05/20/05 08:13 AM
Thanks for your help. Going to give it a shot.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help